News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Plasmaton

Started by warmcanofcoke, Jul 06, 2017, 08:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Plasmaton
Timeflight
aplas1.jpgaplas2.jpgaplas3.jpgaplas4.jpgaplas5.jpgaplas6.jpgaplasbase.jpgvlcsnap-2014-01-17-11h04m06s179.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-17-11h55m16s187.png

http://www.thepropgallery.com/plasmaton-costume-time-flight
QuoteAn original Plasmaton costume used in the production of the long running BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who.

This Plasmaton costume was screen used in the 1982 serial Time-Flight starring Peter Davison as The Doctor, these creatures were summoned by The Master (Anthony Ainley) as he controls the Xeraphin.

This costume is two piece and constructed from painted orange foam which was a favourite material used during this period by Richard Gregory of Imagineering who constructed these Plasmaton costumes, this type of foam was also used in Earthshock era Cyberman helmets. The costume has only a small hole to aid vision and must have been incredibly uncomfortable for the user to wear for any period of time, it is marked inside NO 1.

The costume stands approximately 68" tall and remains in good screen used condition with some minor paint loss and one of the ball bearing details absent to the head area.

A rare example of a positively screen matched alien costume from this cult television series.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Cardinal Hordriss

Jul 06, 2017, 02:28 pm #1 Last Edit: Jul 06, 2017, 02:29 pm by Cardinal Hordriss
When we pour metal at work there's a slag that gathers in the crucible on top of the molten metal which we fish out before the pour. The slag just gets daubed in a pile but we're working on actually building it up into something so it's not wasted. I suggested a plasmaton. I then had to explain what that was. These pictures will come in very handy.

Is that big crack a mouth of some sort? Never noticed watching Time Flight but it seems to have a face, sort of like the Kaled mutants in the new series with the vestigial eye and nose/mouth that a lot of people miss.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...