Mar 29, 2024, 02:11 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My 80's Console...etc

Started by vortexvisuals, Mar 02, 2018, 07:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

feel free to ask me any questions. I've been using LW since 1995... and now I feel old :(

Mark

Thanks VV for posting those monitor housing pictures, I think they will be very handy.

vortexvisuals

No worries Mark, good luck!  :D

vortexvisuals

Quote from: rob49152 on Mar 06, 2018, 02:32 am
feel free to ask me any questions. I've been using LW since 1995... and now I feel old :(

Your work is one of the reasons I got into CG model making :D

I sometimes feel like I backed the wrong horse by choosing LW (a lot of incompatible plugins etc) but I'm 98% happy with what it's allowed me to make so far so it can't be all that bad

rob49152

I can understand that feeling. I always felt that I can either learn a little bit about every program, or a lot about one.  I've played with Maya and 3DMax and their modelling really left me scratching my head. They don't even use the metric system. But over the years I have come to love how awesome and simple LW is. Modelling is as simple as you want or need it to be. Setting up a scene, lighting and rendering are also pretty dead simple. And the output is really nice.

Rassilons Rod

Mar 07, 2018, 07:07 am #20 Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018, 07:09 am by rassilonsrod
Quote from: rob49152 on Mar 07, 2018, 12:30 am
I've played with Maya and 3DMax and their modelling really left me scratching my head. They don't even use the metric system.

That's actually not true.  Maya can be set to inches, feet,  yards, mm, cm, m.... even the units for angle measurement can be changed from degrees if you want (not sure why you'd need to). It defaults to cm (or might be mm).

In fact, if you don't model at the correct scale, the lighting doesn't work properly.  :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.