Apr 26, 2024, 09:16 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Bradley Doctor's Brachacki Altered Box (Xmas 2017)

Started by nebula1253, Jun 30, 2017, 04:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Chris.

KIT-KAT

Screenshot_20170715-144242.png does anyone know anything about this?
No, not the mind probe!

Sofia Fox

Considering the look of
Spoiler
the new Brachacki altered replica, it's the best we're going to get. I love the Brachacki Altered.
[close]
The remake looks excellent.
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

galacticprobe

Jul 16, 2017, 04:57 am #34 Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 04:59 am by galacticprobe
So much for that spoiler! ;D

(To the Moderators: I humbly suggest a quick merging of this topic with the one referenced in Crispin's post so this one can be under that spoiler-tagged topic.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

KIT-KAT

Aah sorry, didn't quite know
No, not the mind probe!

russellsuthern

Ooooops!!! ::)

Great photo, tho'.

Two things strike me looking at this pic...

1) How much bigger the new box is.

2) How much I prefer the old box.

Russ

galacticprobe

Jul 17, 2017, 03:52 am #37 Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017, 03:53 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: kitkat123 on Jul 16, 2017, 06:59 am
Aah sorry, didn't quite know

No worries, kitkat. My mistake. I didn't notice the Spoiler Tag when I clicked on the thread. (I'd already seen that photo in the other thread Scarfwearer linked to, as well as on some of the Doctor Who web sites (Facebook, Doctor Who Hub, The Nerdist - not technically a "Who" site, but they cover it...).

I still think it would be a good idea to merge this topic with the one in Scarfwearer's link. Since this is basically the same discussion as that one, it would be easier to discuss this in one topic rather than in two (to eliminate the "Did you hear/see...?", answered by "It was mentioned in the other topic on this 'here'..." confusion).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

nebula1253

'Tis a thing of true beauty...
IMG_20170725_205414.jpg

Sofia Fox

the.PNG
Don't know if it's higher quality...
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

superrichi1a

Jul 25, 2017, 07:54 pm #40 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017, 07:55 pm by superrichi1a
The texturing really comes through on this one! Beautiful work, truly something the show deserved.

Now... Seeing the accuracy on this, can someone explain why
Spoiler
The First Doctor
[close]
is now gingery blond? I'm finding is surprisingly distracting, I must admit, and it's a departure from his previous getup in 'An Adventure in Space and Time'.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

galacticprobe

Jul 26, 2017, 04:28 am #41 Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017, 04:56 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: superrichi1a on Jul 25, 2017, 07:54 pm
The texturing really comes through on this one! Beautiful work, truly something the show deserved.

Well said, Richard!

Quote from: superrichi1a on Jul 25, 2017, 07:54 pm
Now... Seeing the accuracy on this, can someone explain why
Spoiler
The First Doctor
[close]
is now gingery blond?

Erm... odd lighting? Given the limited color photos of Hartnell in costume, some have his hair almost completely white, while others have it with a slight blondish tint. So lighting could have a lot to do with that color offset. (Just a guess, but possible.)

Dino.