News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Gallifreyan Data Stick

Started by The14thDr, Jun 17, 2017, 02:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Jun 17, 2017, 02:13 pm Last Edit: Jun 18, 2017, 07:00 am by The14thDr
So I finally got round to making a start on this build. ;D
Using all the brilliant images in the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7623.0 reference topic, I put together a template for the device using Microsoft Publisher and printed it out onto blue paper. For the main body I'll be using a cardboard tube 28mm (1.1") in diameter.
IMG_2201.JPG

I then cut the tube down to a length of 80mm (3.15") and glued the template around it.
IMG_2202.JPG

Finally for today, I dry-brushed some metallic blue paint onto the data stick to make the colour more accurate to the original prop.
IMG_2221.JPG

More updates soon.
Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Davros Skaro

Just wondering if you got this completed? Looking forward to seeing it.

Chris.
Chris.

The14thDr

Jul 18, 2017, 06:12 am #2 Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017, 08:48 pm by The14thDr
Not yet, no. This one has just been sat in a drawer since the last update. (I'm still trying to work up the motivation to make those arms and rings :P)

At the moment I'm working on a few non-Doctor Who related projects, so all my WIP builds over here have kind of fallen to the sidelines.
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Davros Skaro

No probs, no need to panic or rush, as others have said "there is no time limit on anything being built".
Look forward to seeing it when you do, I still have 2 or 3 projects I haven't got to yet, started getting bits, but that's as far as I've gotten. :)
Keep up that good work with what your doing too. :D

Chris.
Chris.