News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Necrosian Bomb

Started by warmcanofcoke, May 31, 2017, 10:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

I forgot to put in my Prop Diagram.

Necrosian Bomb (1).jpgNecrosian Bomb (2).jpg

If you think any of the measurements are off, let me know with a comment of the corrected measurements. 

elkad

Updated my diagram & finished measuring. Well it's close anyway. Anyone have any more accurate details on the prop, please let me know, I'm a stickler for detail.  8)

Necrosian Bomb (1).jpgNecrosian Bomb (2).jpg

elkad

Just for reference, I'm trying to track down the calculator that was used for this prop. All I know is it's a 35 small rectangular black button keypad, 5 x 7 displayed, with white number & letters, along with a silver display. I'm guessing British, & Vintage for the time this prop was made. Anyone have any ideas what type it could be?

Volpone

How far away is Wales?  This guy might be able to help you:  https://www.wired.com/2010/08/vintage-calculators/  [story about a UK man who built a vintage calculator collection]

Hard to tell from the resolution of the photos, but I get the impression it doesn't have individual exposed buttons, it's one of those ones that has a flexible plastic sheet over the buttons with the numbers printed on it.  I tried to think of a search term to look for that when I found the "WIRED" article.  Other observation is that it has an LCD display rather than the LED that you'd see on older models (and more common on desktop models).  Finally, I'm inclined to say it is a scientific or other type of specialized calculator from the disguised buttons.  There's a whole lot of buttons between the screen and the number pad, as well as a row of buttons down the side.  I wonder if it is based on a vintage desktop financial calculator. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Volpone

A "MEMBRANE" KEYPAD!  The Sharp EL-8130 is promising:  http://www.datamath.org/Related/Sharp/EL-8130.htm  Maybe not the right one, but on the right track. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

elkad

I made a circuit board diagram for the buttons & switches & wondered if anyone could give it a look over to see if it's wired correct. I'm not sure about the resistors or values to each LED color. I DON"T want to turn it on & it blows out my newly bought RGB LED's. Will a 1k resistor work in the spots I picked, or do I need more or do I need to put them ells were?

Necrosian Bomb circuit board.jpg

elkad

By the way, the LED latch switches are all ready rated for 12 volts.

elkad

I just found out there are 2 types of RGB LED's with opposite polarity's. My wiring diagram is based on the long pin as "Negative", & the ones I got in the mail is "Positive". I need help, re-wiring my diagram. Anyone good with electronics?

rgb-led-pinout.jpg