Started by KIT-KAT, May 24, 2017, 02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KIT-KAT

Screenshot_20170523-210704.png sorry I don't have a very good pic
No, not the mind probe!

KIT-KAT

No, not the mind probe!

tony farrell

Well Kitkat it isn't! It looks like a reproduction of a Met Box to me. Mind you, there's something wrong with the aspect ratio of the photo too - the Box looks far too wide and K9 looks too long.

Do you have any further details of where and when the photo was taken?

T

karsthotep

The 1963 (Brachacki?) or A 1963 met box? 

Tony is right though,  not the Brachacki if that is what is being inferred, I know where that one is.

I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

chriskingbees

I'm pretty sure I've come across this box before, and they were making the same claim then. It's a met box replica in GRP, made by a company called Once Upon A Way. However, I was happy to allow it to be pictured with my genuine 60s Shawcraft Dalek lol
Once Upon a WEay.jpg

KB

KIT-KAT

It was at a defcon convention in Southampton. He also said the BBC asked for it back in 2005! But I was having none of it!. Thanks for your info guys ☺
No, not the mind probe!

superrichi1a

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

It'd be one thing is Scarfwearer claimed his was the original, seeing as then even most on this forum might start to believe it, but come on! If he wants to make that claim he at least needs a prop which looks remotely similar. WHO Shop all over again!

It's a shame, because it's a really nice looking prop too.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

russellsuthern

Agreed!
If only they'd make the new TARDIS prop look like a real Police Box, I'd be over the moon!

Russ

ionsith

That wouldn't even pass quick comparison to a fuzzy black and white still! Where are the drip sills on the windows for one thing??

darren79

Not a hope.

It's a nice looking box though.

peted

Definitely a Once Upon a Way Trading box - like the one outside Wetherby police station.