Apr 20, 2024, 04:58 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Confession Dial

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, May 16, 2017, 05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

Had my first unsupervised play with our new 3D printer at work, normally our tech guy Tom is the 3D printer wizard but I've been wanting to learn how to do it and as he wasn't there today I thought I'd have a go. I've got a huge Thingiverse wish list but thought I'd start with this -

18554814_10155387240169319_459331292_n.jpg

Not super Shapeways quality but a huge improvement on our old 3D printer.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

BioDoctor900

With a sand and a clean up of the lines, once painted I think that will look quite good. If you've got a link to the file, that would be great, I wouldn't mind replacing my wooden one, as it's just done with paint and a Sharpie

BioDoctor900

Cardinal Hordriss

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

fivefingeredstyre

The concept of 3D printing still astounds me...  ;D

The14thDr

This looks great!! Can't wait to see it painted up and completed.

And thank you for posting a link to the file, something tells me I'll be upgrading my confession dial soon. ;)
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

BioDoctor900

I looked at 3D printing one, and to get it printed would be nearly £30, without the £6 postage, so I dunno if it's something I'll be doing any time soon, but I look forward to seeing this finished

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

May 19, 2017, 05:46 am #6 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:46 am by galacticprobe
BioDoc, try looking in one of the libraries near you. The one near my has a 3-D printer (this might sound familiar) and it's "Free For Use Of Public". Other branches are looking into getting them because ours has a 3-4-week waiting list to use it.

Also, check around with your friends. It seems like more and more people are getting these printers as the prices come down. (Maybe I'll be able to afford one some day.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"