Apr 11, 2021, 04:30 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

I'm finally planning on building SOMETHING real....

Started by Rassilons Rod, May 21, 2009, 09:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

May 21, 2009, 09:35 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2010, 09:12 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi all,
I just picked up one of these* yesterday for less than a euro. Something I've been thinking about for a while.

I think it would make an excellent scale model version of the plastic
beaker that they used for much of the 60's on the TARDIS roof.

Now I've measured the main circumference, and according to this site the dims are as follows.

circumference: 8" / 303mm
diameter: 2.54"/ 65mm
 (do I need the 2nd decimal place if I decide to work in inches?)

Anyway, now I need to figure out how tall it should be for these dimensions and figure out what scale that would put me in for the brachacki box.

Unfortunately, the brackacki box PDF document that I have doesn't have any dims for the lamp housing... Any advice please?

Also, I was thinking that (when the time comes) these candles are also available with a slightly different design that vaguely resembles a fresnel.

-Marc

*actually not from that link, from my local "mini market" type shop. Clas Ohlson aren't a particularly cheap place.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

May 23, 2009, 06:49 am #1 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010, 10:29 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: doctorwho8 board=manual thread=1157 post=20715 time=1243036755How long do you want the ruler?  12in., 18in., 24in., or 36in.?
Bill Rudloff

At the moment, I'm not sure. Not until I know what scale I'm in - and I won't know that until I know the correct size of the lamp.

While I trust the measurements I have on the Brachacki PDF document, I don't know if the actual diagram is in scale, so just measuring the lamp isn't enough yet  :-/

However 2 or 3 lengths that fit nicely onto an A4 would probably be a great help :)

-Marc
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

May 21, 2009, 05:36 pm #2 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2010, 09:11 pm by scarfwearer
I can make you a ruler with inches in decimal format.  I already have the measurements from another ruler I did along time ago.  Hmmm...perhaps that's something people might be interested in.  TARDIS Rebuilders/Builders custom rules, in Decimal Inches and Metric.
Bill Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

May 21, 2009, 10:29 pm #3 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2010, 09:12 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: doctorwho8 board=manual thread=1157 post=20704 time=1242927368I can make you a ruler with inches in decimal format.  I already have the measurements from another ruler I did along time ago.  Hmmm...perhaps that's something people might be interested in.  TARDIS Rebuilders/Builders custom rules, in Decimal Inches and Metric.
Bill Rudloff

That would be great Bill, thanks :)
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

May 22, 2009, 11:59 pm #4 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2010, 09:12 pm by scarfwearer
How long do you want the ruler?  12in., 18in., 24in., or 36in.?
Bill Rudloff