Apr 16, 2024, 08:57 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TV.movie Hudolin box

Started by KIT-KAT, Apr 19, 2017, 04:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

TIP: To clean up where you've cut it, try using some fine sandpaper wrapped around a pop stick. There are wide & narrow ones, available at craft shops, that should help to keep things flat & level. Hope this helps.

Chris.
Chris.

galacticprobe

Jul 26, 2017, 05:09 am #16 Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017, 05:09 am by galacticprobe
Fine fingernail files would also work. I know at least in the US they still sell them at pharmacy stores, and even some grocery stores. They also come in different widths and grits. (The biggest plus with those is you don't have to worry about the sandpaper part slipping over a wooden stick while you're using it. That said, Chris' idea is better for getting into corners since the fingernail files don't have any grit on the narrow sides, but a popsicle stick with sandpaper wrapped around it would, so you can get that corner nice and clean.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

If it helps, one thing I often do when using this type of card is to lightly coat the cut part of the card with pvaPVA glue.

Once dried it will bond the feathered edges of the card together making it easier to file.

Try it on a scrap piece and see what you think?

paulpertwee83

This such an inspiration I might have a go at one of these because mcgann is my favourite doctor

KIT-KAT

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me advise on how to make neat window frames.

Thanks  :)
No, not the mind probe!

davidnagel

You could always do what fivefinger steve is doing, make one really really neat out of something or other, then resin copy the rest :)
Regards
David

galacticprobe

Oct 31, 2017, 03:50 am #21 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2017, 03:53 am by galacticprobe
Have no worries, kitkat. Keep working on your Hudolin project as time allows. (Remember: we never put time limits on when someone has to post an Update. We know people have lives that get in the way, and the fact that you're putting your studies above all else shows just how intelligent you are. Good luck with your classes and GCSES!)

So if your Hudolin project takes you another year to complete, and you only update this thread once a month (or every other month, etc.), we'll never tell you that you're posting too slowly. After all this hard work you've put into the project so far, it would be a shame to just toss it aside. Let it rest while you get your studies done. It will still be there for you to continue working on when you're done.(You might need to blow the dust off of your project when you get back to it, or paint over the dust to get that aged look, but it will wait for you... and so will we! :D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"