News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

1:7 Scale Altered Brachaki Build

Started by fivefingeredstyre, Apr 19, 2017, 01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

tony farrell

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Mar 25, 2020, 07:38 pm
Had some sunshine this weekend (First time in ages!) so I thought I'd get the model out in the garden.

75 2.jpg

75 4.jpg

75 6.JPG

I like shadows!  Shadows are such useful places - such good places to blend into! ;)

Great build Steve!

T

fivefingeredstyre

Ha! There's a paraphrase there, but i'm not sure where the original comes from...

To be fair a little bit of jiggery pokery gone into these. So I could get the perspective right the model was sat on a podium. I later removed the podium and took a clean foreground shot overlaid the foreground grass to paint out the podium. I had to tidy up the shadows as well, mind.

Overall i'm quite pleased with the results, I think it works better in some shots that others, mind

fivefingeredstyre

Been asked to make a couple of Altered Brachaki boxes - A variation on the season 11 version and a Spearhead from Space version as well...

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

Well, you need something to pass the time when you're locked down, don't you...

davidnagel

Regards
David

fivefingeredstyre

Not bad, I made them quite thick so they would last quite a while.

I've still kept the masters so making more mould shouldn't be too much of a problem if I need to in the future.

davidnagel

Is there much invisible joinery? Or is it just literally gluing the parts together?
Regards
David

fivefingeredstyre

Apr 10, 2020, 10:33 pm #97 Last Edit: Apr 11, 2020, 08:29 am by fivefingeredstyre
I designed it so as many of the parts as possible could be made as one section, so it would negate too much on the way of repairing visible joins.

I think the only cast parts that don't get seen are the backs of the side walls that I include to give the model some robustness. The sign boxes and base are also separate casts.

fivefingeredstyre

A modified Season 11 version is coming along.

It's amazing what you can get done when you're in lockdown...

IMG_2073a.jpg

fivefingeredstyre

Things are moving slowly...

IMG_2102.jpg

Hopefully I can find the time today to get some "blue" thrown at them...

fivefingeredstyre

IMG_2126.jpg

Getting there slowly...

fivefingeredstyre

Apr 22, 2020, 12:26 pm #101 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2020, 12:27 pm by fivefingeredstyre
More progress on tthe modified Season 11...

IMG_2136a.JPG

IMG_2140a.JPG

IMG_2141a.JPG

IMG_2142a.JPG

Yes... My lawn does need cutting...  :-[

redfern

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Apr 22, 2020, 12:26 pm
More progress on tthe modified Season 11...

IMG_2142a.JPG

Yes... My lawn does need cutting...  :-[

Mercy, that one in the background looks SO fake!  ::)

You do know I'm just "taking the piss", right?  (Is that the proper expression?  I'm just a good ol' southern Georgia boy, so I probably bungle a lot of British idioms.)  I still drool over that build after all these years.

Sincerely,

Bill

Volpone

"Which box is larger?" 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

fivefingeredstyre

Apr 23, 2020, 11:04 am #104 Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020, 11:29 am by fivefingeredstyre
Finished the paintwork on the Spearhead Box as well

IMG_2157a.JPG

IMG_2158a.JPG

IMG_2159a.JPG