May 10, 2021, 01:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!


1:7 Scale Altered Brachaki Build

Started by fivefingeredstyre, Apr 19, 2017, 01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

Nope! Not season 13...

I know what you mean about the first one looking like a Newbery, but you have to think way earlier than that. With it unpainted there's probably not enough to go on yet...

alan smithee

Not sure about #2, but #1 strikes me as being the War Machines-Tenth Planet variation.

(Not sure how long it lasted into the Troughton era, but it was a few stories until they modified the roof and made it somewhat larger.)

If I had to make a guess for #2, I'd wager it's... uh... The Enemy of the World?

fivefingeredstyre

Pretty close for number 1. I'm aiming for an early Troughton (circa The Moonbase)

Still out with no. 2 though...

Maybe this will help...?

Clawsa.png

;)

lofiscifi

No idea, but they're all very, very pretty.

fivefingeredstyre

Test fit of the windows and decals. The windows are actually the wrong colour. They should be dark grey rather than black; however I've run out of clear resin, so they are going to have to wait until later in the week before I knock out some more.

The decals were test versions as well, so I can check the sizing. The lettering is a tad on the large side, so I need to correct that with my next print run...

I also fitted some door handles - at least these are correct :D

IMG_02512.JPG

IMG_02502.JPG

bjones


fivefingeredstyre

Had the afternoon off work so I sat in the garden and made more progress with the decals...

IMG_0275a.jpg

IMG_0276a.JPG

IMG_0277a.JPG

Just the windows to do now and then a bit more weathering.

Then I can start on the electronics...

KIT-KAT

Wow! This is such a vast improvement from your original! And that was fantastic
No, not the mind probe!

fivefingeredstyre

Thanks! I think the model fits together a lot better now and looks more the part. Any improvement has just been down to more practice at working with resins...

Tony and DW1200's revised measurements help no end as well... ;) (thanks guys!)

fivefingeredstyre

That's the windows and the weathering done on my season 8 and 10 Brachaki TARDISes...

IMG_0290a.JPG

IMG_0293a.JPG

IMG_0296a.JPG

IMG_0300a.JPG

Once again, apologies for the poor lighting. I'd love to have a studio set up to these things...

All thats left now is to finish the paintwork on my 1966 variant (pictures coming soon...) and then it's time to do the electronics :)

fivefingeredstyre

Jul 28, 2019, 08:42 am #55 Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019, 08:44 am by fivefingeredstyre
I took a couple more shots last night.

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

frax owen

These are absolutely lovely! I've been making my own 1/13 scale 3D printed ones. I'm on a mission to print every version of the classic TARDIS for my figures.
Would be interested to know the colours you used, I think my Season 10 Pertwee colour is fairly close to yours, I used Vallejo flat blue mostly. Now i must consider doing another in the Season 8 livery haha

noa85420

Those boxes are so beautiful, have you planned to do the Brachaki altered from the early 4th Doctor era ? (without the lamp housing but with the black circular cap)

fivefingeredstyre

Thanks chaps!

The Season 4 version is starting to take shape now...

IMG_0319.JPG

Its has its base coat of blue, I just need to add the decals and weathering :)

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: frax owen on Aug 01, 2019, 07:24 am
These are absolutely lovely! I've been making my own 1/13 scale 3D printed ones. I'm on a mission to print every version of the classic TARDIS for my figures.
Would be interested to know the colours you used, I think my Season 10 Pertwee colour is fairly close to yours, I used Vallejo flat blue mostly. Now i must consider doing another in the Season 8 livery haha
I used a base coat of the French blue on all the models. On the season 10 I topped it off with several coats of Vallejo flat blue and a light weathering on top of that.

The season 8 had the french blue base, with a couple of top coats of French intermediate grey/blue. I them took some wire wool to the box to bring out the high points, as well as roughing up a few areas to give me the characteristic white flecks and chips that was on the prop at the time (sadly they don't seem to come out too well in the photos, but still...)