Apr 20, 2024, 07:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Karsten's Kenneth Sharp Console

Started by karsthotep, Mar 25, 2017, 06:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmichobo02

It's extremely beautiful amazing work you're a very skilled person indeed, that steel panel is going to be a bitch to keep clean, don't envy you there any chance of a video of it with the time rotor moving?
CH

karsthotep

Thank you all for the comments, glad you are enjoying the build progress.   As for the metal plate yes indeed it is a pain to keep clean and I doubt I will try very hard to keep it clean...i'll just call it weathering and move on, something like that is not going to hinder my enjoyment of this build, or the natural aging process that this console will go through. It is what it is. 

I will be taking video of the time rotor operational once I get it built, that has not happened yet.  My focus currently is to complete all the pertwee panels,  get the time rotor housing built and I still need the metal strips to go all around the console table portion,  once those cosmetic parts are done i'll focus on the Time Rotor movement, i'll have to do some tests and prototypes to get it to move smooth, another challenge for me,as much of this console has been but i'll get it figured out eventually.   

Once The build is 100% done, then phase 2 begins, and that is the building of the season 13 planet of Evil panels. So lots of work to go yet, but that is the fun of it it :)

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

Rassilons Rod

Have you figured out how you'll  safely store whichever panels are currently unused?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

karsthotep

I have not, it hasn't even been on my radar as I have so much other stuff to do.  That being said I'll probably create some sort of a rack system to set them in and lean them back...some blankets to keep the dust off them.    Again just spit balling here, no idea yet :) :P

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

tony farrell

Quote from: karsthotep on Mar 29, 2020, 02:32 pm
   Once The build is 100% done, then phase 2 begins, and that is the building of the season 13 planet of Evil panels. So lots of work to go yet, but that is the fun of it it :)
Karst

Oh goodness - does that mean I'll have to start working out the dimensions for the refitted Sharp Console too?!?!

Quote from: karsthotep on Mar 29, 2020, 03:56 pm
I have not, it hasn't even been on my radar as I have so much other stuff to do.  That being said I'll probably create some sort of a rack system to set them in and lean them back...some blankets to keep the dust off them.   
Karst

Ha! I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will be infinitely better than how the BBC looked after its various consoles and Tardises!!  ;D

T

karsthotep

Well Tony, 

Since you just offered ;)  :P.   We really should do an addendum to the build your own console E-Book :)

Karst

karsthotep

Small Sunday update, I focused mainly on panel 1 today, getting holes drilled and items mounted for dry fits,   I have to cast up two more piano keys for this panel, but I got the handles in place, the black knob and the secondary levers are mounted..just dry fit for now until I get hole drills for the toggle switches.  I also rotated the whole console around

I rotated it around more since this picture
IMG_2061.jpg

And Panel 1 starting with holes and dry fitting components.   
IMG_2062.jpg

thanks everyone

Karst

Peter Capaldi

You are working since a moment now and I have to say that my hype is bigger than ever!

I love your work, this is awesome!

I am excited to see the completed console. I wish you all the best  ;)
Time is a structure relative to ourselves. Time is the space made by our lives, where we stand together forever. Time and relative dimension in space. It means life.

karsthotep

Little update here gang, I have been working on it over the last few weeks,  mainly getting holes drilled and items positioned.  I am waiting on a few knobs to arrive that I had 3D printed and i need to cast up a few more piano keys for panel 1 but its getting close to wiring time.   Panel 2 was not as bad as I thought. I got the two holes drilled for the gauges,  I had to order new blades for that for my rotary tool and did a practice run before the main event.   I hate cutting holes but they came out ok, in fact in ended up being a total non-event.  I filled a few blemishes in which is why you see the pink filler in there.  I'll be giving everything a covering of the green before final assembly.  The TC's are not wired up or holes cut yet, I need to figure what type of under mount system I am going to use for them.   I have  about 12% of a plan for that.   Anyway a few pictures here.

Panel 1 dry fit.

IMG_2113.jpg

Panel 1/2

IMG_2112.jpg

and lastly Panel 2 Dryfit. 

IMG_2114.jpg

thanks for looking everyone. More work this weekend.

Karst

hartnell_era_builder

Loving the build Karst,

Will you have the 3 Levers on Panel 1 act as the Demat control just like how pertwee used them?

Kepp up the good work!
Nathan

Scarfwearer

This is looking amazing! You're at least going to want some roundel wallpaper for a backdrop, no?

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Scarfwearer on May 02, 2020, 07:41 pm
This is looking amazing! You're at least going to want some roundel wallpaper for a backdrop, no?

Given the quality of this build, I think the wallpaper roundels is selling our Mr Karsten rather short ;)
Public Enema Number One.

Scarfwearer

I suspect we won't be disappointed. ;)

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Scarfwearer on May 02, 2020, 09:27 pm
I suspect we won't be disappointed. ;)

On that, we are in complete agreement!  :D
Public Enema Number One.

karsthotep

May 02, 2020, 10:46 pm #494 Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:47 pm by karsthotep
LOL, i do have plans for the walls down there.  I have a couple idea's for the roundels and how to do them when this iteration of console is completed I'll be working on those.    

For the demat circuit, I will not be using the the 3 levers for that.  It will be part of the "process" for take off, but won't be the actual activation switch.   The two toggles on panel 1 will be used for activating the rotor lights, and the second switch will activate the motor for the time rotor.  The 3 smaller levers will just turn on those 3 lights next to them.      So in my mind, my fantasy approach to this (not practical) is the 3 levers activate the start of the demat process,  and then flip the switch to activate the rotor lights and the 2nd to take off.   On my console at least  ;D <lol>  thanks for looking everyone

Karst