Mar 29, 2024, 08:41 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Request for photos of the side room

Started by Violet, Mar 13, 2017, 05:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet

Just for clarification, I mean the room with the Food Machine, the Table and Couch as well as those..strange beds. Needing photos and it's been difficult to find any.

galacticprobe

Mar 14, 2017, 03:18 pm #1 Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017, 03:46 pm by galacticprobe
I don't know if any of this will help with guessing the colors, but there are some photos of the Living Quarters (one of them in color, but it just shows a tan-ish table): Living Quarters - Color (image only). Then there is this one showing part of the couch/sofa, and what looks like a white-ish round table: Sofa and Round Table (Sofa and Round Table). And then the beds: Beds-Side View (side view of the "beds").

Yeah, I know all those links look the same, but each one is to a different image. I couldn't break it up more specifically because they are all from Tony's article, http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.msg55109#msg55109 - Full Article, more images, including the ones above, are near the bottom of Page 1).

For size scales, there is this great diagram that Jonathan (markofrani) posted: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5884.msg79355#msg79355.

Hopefully some of this will be useful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Violet

QuoteI don't know if any of this will help with guessing the colors, but there are some photos of the Living Quarters (one of them in color, but it just shows a tan-ish table):  The original Tardis interior blue-prints (image only). Then there is this one showing part of the couch/sofa, and what looks like a white-ish round table:  The original Tardis interior blue-prints (Sofa and Round Table). And then the beds:  The original Tardis interior blue-prints (side view of the "beds").

Yeah, I know all those links look the same, but each one is to a different image. I couldn't break it up more specifically because they are all from Tony's article,  The original Tardis interior blue-prints - Full Article, more images, including the ones above, are near the bottom of Page 1).

For size scales, there is this great diagram that Jonathan (markofrani) posted:  Original Console Control Panels (Page 37, reply #540).

Hopefully some of this will be useful.

Dino.

Thank you! Unfortunately however, none of your image links are functioning..

Davros Skaro

The last 2 links did for me but the first 3 didn't.

Chris.
Chris.

Cardinal Hordriss

Mar 14, 2017, 09:57 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2019, 03:46 am by warmcanofcoke
firsttardis29.png
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

Mar 15, 2017, 03:54 pm #5 Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 04:00 pm by galacticprobe
Okay... let's try this a different way (direct image linking):

Living Quarters (color, just shows a tan-ish table):
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=13;topic=4825.0;attach=98925;image

Part of the couch/sofa, and what looks like a white-ish round table:
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=13;topic=4825.0;attach=74383;image

Beds (and if that square table is the same one Barbara was sitting on, maybe it could help as a reference for colorizing the images; those green walls above should also help):
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=13;topic=4825.0;attach=74401;image

I don't know why those links aren't working for those that have tried them. I click on them and they take me directly to the posted images as seen above: no posts or text of any kind, but just the images.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

It might also be of help to note that the Tardis interior was modified/redecorated several times throughout the Hartnell era. In the Pilot episode the primary colour of the set and console is specified as TX40 (a light silver grey). For the transmitted version, the console and set appear to have been repainted to what Carole Ann Ford called a "very, very, very pale green".

Whilst the set always seems to have had a pale or mid-blue floor (with a beige hexagon in An Unearthly Child), by the time we get to Galaxy Four, the 3D roundelled walls had been repainted to an off-white colour (though the dividing strips between the photo blow-up walls retained their green colouring).

Specific to the living quarters (as they were named in The Time Meddler), I would suggest that the set was painted a very pale green to match the rest of the Tardis interior though, again, in later stories, it too had been modified with the original 'bucket' mouldings in the doors being replaced with simple flat inserts. So it is entirely possible that this element of the set was also re-painted an off-white at the same time as the rest of the Tardis walls were repainted.

T

Rassilons Rod

Is that colour picture not a colourised one?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Yes it is!

I believe the person did it after reading my 'article' on the original Tardis interior - I cheekily added it last year because I thought we could do with a bit of colour in the introduction section. I wondered how long it would be before anyone noticed! :)

T

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Cardinal Hordriss

Funny, I thought that was blatantly colourized lol.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

Mar 16, 2017, 07:40 am #11 Last Edit: Mar 16, 2017, 07:41 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Mar 15, 2017, 08:02 pm
Is that colour picture not a colourised one?

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Mar 15, 2017, 08:16 pm
Yes it is!

I believe the person did it after reading my 'article' on the original Tardis interior - I cheekily added it last year ... I wondered how long it would be before anyone noticed! :)

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Mar 16, 2017, 06:17 am
I can usually tell ;)

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Mar 16, 2017, 06:50 am
Funny, I thought that was blatantly colourized lol.

Okay... so everyone has better eyes than I do! :P ;D Whoever colorized that photo did a great job.

Dino.