Apr 23, 2021, 05:21 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Series 1 'Coral' Console Room by dw_1200

Started by Vyacheslav Talanov, Mar 09, 2017, 05:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Apr 04, 2017, 05:09 am #30 Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 05:15 am by galacticprobe
Dw_1200, take a look at the full frontal shot in this post: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1020.15msg5120#msg5120. There used to be a link to the full-size version of that image at the bottom of that page, but the link is dead. I pieced this image together years ago from a few dozen squares captured when the full image was posted on the Bonham's auction site, when they were auctioning off a full wall section. (I really wish I had money to play with back then! Wish I had some to play with now!)

I've still got the full-sized image, but it's too large to post; it exceeds the pixel limits. If you would like a copy send me a PM.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

mkirkendall

Hello, me again! I just have a quick question. Like I said, I'm making a mod of my own and I was wondering what to do about my 3D model. I've started the controls on the console, but I thought about how I'm going to make the controls move. Do I make them separate models, and if so, how would I get them to move, yet stay where they are with a sort of pivotal point. I have a picture here showing the console so far. I just don't want to go any farther only to find out that I have to redo it. You don't have to answer this, but it would be of great help. Thanks for taking the time to read this.Screenshot (15).png

galacticprobe

Apr 19, 2017, 05:39 am #32 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 05:39 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: mkirkendall on Apr 18, 2017, 05:11 pm
...I thought about how I'm going to make the controls move. Do I make them separate models, and if so, how would I get them to move, yet stay where they are with a sort of pivotal point...

This is an excellent question, one which some of our virtual modellers might have answers for. (Calling all virtual modellers... your works have been outstanding, with some looking like real, solid builds. Do you have any advice for mkirkendall?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Vyacheslav Talanov

Apr 19, 2017, 01:50 pm #33 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 01:53 pm by dw_1200
Hey mkirkendall.
As I understand, you're going to put this model (which looks outstanding by the way) into Garry's Mod? If so, then yes, you'll have to separate them all and animate individually. I've never worked in Sketchup, but I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of tutorials about rigging and animating models. After that you'll have to export them into Source Engine model file (.smd) and compile. If you need more info about exporting, compiling and mounting everything directly in the game, PM me :)  Because it might take a while to write about every aspect of making an addon for Gmod