Apr 18, 2024, 11:34 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Our Matt Smith era Tardis

Started by macgyvers workshop, Mar 09, 2017, 12:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

macgyvers workshop

Thanks Dino!
I just used the image I got from dontblink's posting in the lantern section of the workshop as the reference for my lantern build. Also Volpone already brought up the ventilation issue. This is something I will have to watch very closely as it gets very humid here in Tennessee during the summer as well as being damp the rest of the time. I have a sizable gap at the bottom of the doors for airflow, and i'm thinking about how to incorporate a solar powered vent fan without ruining the "look" of the Tardis.
Thanks so much for the compliment :) I was worried about what all the "expert" Whovian Tardis builders on here would think of my amateur work (I am comfortable with basic carpentry and fabrication, but this project was WAY above my woodworking skills level) And I will take lots of pictures for the gallery. I have already posted in the workshop section for my lantern.

Volpone

That's shaping up awfully nice.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

Agreed,
That's a lovely looking box!

Russell