Apr 19, 2024, 01:11 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

1:7 Scale Original Brachacki Build

Started by fivefingeredstyre, Feb 27, 2017, 05:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

There must be some kind of 'bot that looks out for new stuff that gets uploaded that contains copyrighted elements, like the theme. There's no way that anyone could react that quickly.

fivefingeredstyre

galacticprobe

Mar 27, 2017, 06:55 am #62 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2017, 07:04 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Mar 27, 2017, 06:09 am
Lets try this again...

https://youtu.be/BjkL1Kdu6zE

That little pieced together video looks very professional, Steve! Your TARDIS materialising and dematerialising is the best part. I do find it odd that the BBC would block it so fast. There are loads of videos up there using the theme tune and none of them are getting blocked. (Maybe because your TARDIS model is so spot on they thought you were using footage of their TARDIS, and they do have copyright to the Police Box image.)

Well done!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

I quite liked your little clip, Your TARDIS looks quite the part. great job on building it & doing the clip. :-)

Chris.
Chris.

meantimebob

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: galacticprobe on Mar 27, 2017, 06:55 am
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Mar 27, 2017, 06:09 am
Lets try this again...

https://youtu.be/BjkL1Kdu6zE

That little pieced together video looks very professional, Steve! Your TARDIS materialising and dematerialising is the best part. I do find it odd that the BBC would block it so fast. There are loads of videos up there using the theme tune and none of them are getting blocked. (Maybe because your TARDIS model is so spot on they thought you were using footage of their TARDIS, and they do have copyright to the Police Box image.)

Well done!

Dino.
thanks Dino.

I think the problem with YouTube is that they have a piece of software that scans newly uploaded videos for copyrighted audio. I'm guessing that this is a relatively new thing as there are quite a few old videos that have the signature tune on them.

I'm guessing that my newest vid is getting through because it doesn't use the theme in its entirety, just a snippet.

I don't think it's anything to do with the TARDIS image itself, mind.

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: meantimebob on Mar 27, 2017, 10:11 am
Ooh that's terrific!
cheers Bob!

How's that Pertwee sculpt coming on?

meantimebob

Too many other projects on the go!

brenk9carter

Mar 27, 2017, 10:12 pm #68 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2017, 10:13 pm by brenk9carter
fantastic job there, well done  ;)
Bren

fivefingeredstyre

Tried to see if I could convincingly place the model in my garden...

My%20Garden_zps8ltyfcvz.jpg

Angelus Lupus

Nice!
Is there any way you can get the camera lower, so that you're looking slightly up at the model? To my eye, that's about the only thing that could make this look more real - and it's 95% looking like a full scale anyway!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

galacticprobe

May 01, 2017, 05:07 pm #71 Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:17 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on May 01, 2017, 04:39 pm
Tried to see if I could convincingly place the model in my garden...

I'd say you succeeded! This looks about Tom Baker-ish height for eye level. If you could get the camera so it had the bottom of the windows at eye level, you'd have it at about William Hartnell-ish height. It would be so stunning it would make me want to rush over and see if I could get inside. (Not to mention that I want to do that already!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on May 01, 2017, 04:45 pm
Nice!
Is there any way you can get the camera lower, so that you're looking slightly up at the model? To my eye, that's about the only thing that could make this look more real - and it's 95% looking like a full scale anyway!
Quote from: galacticprobe on May 01, 2017, 05:07 pmI'd say you succeeded! This looks about Tom Baker-ish height for eye level. If you could get the camera so it had the bottom of the windows at eye level, you'd have it at about William Hartnell-ish height. It would be so stunning it would make me want to rush over and see if I could get inside. (Not to mention that I want to do that already!)
Agreed, Its the perspective thats the hard part. I tried to get the camera as low as I could when I did the test "photoshoot", but given that the model was at floor level it clearly wasn't low enough. What I need to do is find some decent backgrounds first then shoot the model to get the eyeline to match...

I've decided to knock up a Troughton version next week, so I'll have some fun after that...

fivefingeredstyre

I was never really happy with the paint job on my first version (the weathering was way too heavy in places, and I was never pleased with the windows...), so as I had some resin left over I thought I'd have another crack... 

76F8C0D3-EC38-4199-9517-2AC8D59B153B_zps1tkzjxup.jpeg

More too come...

davidnagel

Regards
David