1:7 Scale Original Brachacki Build

Started by fivefingeredstyre, Feb 27, 2017, 05:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Mar 19, 2017, 05:49 am #30 Last Edit: Mar 19, 2017, 05:50 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Scarfwearer on Mar 18, 2017, 08:48 pm
"Oh, it's your spectacles!" :D

OH! The Brainy Specs! ;D ;D ;D

Your Old Girl is looking fantastic, Steve! And your "Just because" shot? Priceless!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

silverfox

It's looking fantastic. Is that a piece from Revell's 1/24 scale Gemini kit you are using as the dome on top of the light fitting?

fivefingeredstyre

Cheers chaps!

I'm afraid its not. Its actually a hemisphere from EMA Model Supplies. I have to say that part is teh bit I like the least about the whole original box. Its just too big. At least they made it more of an elliptical dome on the later variants (Of which I am sure one will follow... ;)

I'll have another update later today as I've already painted up the windows and glued the majority of them in :)

fivefingeredstyre

Mar 19, 2017, 06:57 pm #33 Last Edit: Mar 19, 2017, 07:14 pm by fivefingeredstyre
On the home straight now...

First off I made up some signage...

gghhjkuyt_zpseyotvx4u.jpg

Which I added to the box

llkjhgfreertyt_zps7pftri9r.jpg

fdfgfddsduyy_zpsqmrdz40j.jpg

But it was all looking a bit too clean for me, so it was time for a good weathering...

hhjuiuyutyfh_zpsvajnmwet.jpg

I've still got the lock to make, as well as sort out the flashing mechanism for the lamp and decide if I want any of the windows to be fixed open or not. But I'm quite pleased with how its coming on. If I had a criticism it would be that the SJA sign is a smidge too small, but I can correct that later.

And because I couldn't resist a couple of sexy outdoor shots...

uyrdecdikh_zps4atsjt7z.jpg

ssdfgtpp_zpsilgw6a9q.jpg

And again, just because...

tu8u754frtgh_zps1frhkarn.jpg

Scarfwearer

Wow! :o

Spitting image!

Crispin

Davros Skaro

Love those out door shots, look like full size TARDIS sitting there. You've don't a brilliant job on this, well done.  :o :)

Chris.
Chris.

Angelus Lupus

I'll agree with you on the SJA badge being ever-so-slightly too small. But other than that, WOW!  :o
The weathering really sells it, somehow it adds to the illusion of it being full size.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

galacticprobe

Mar 20, 2017, 04:45 am #37 Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 04:50 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Mar 19, 2017, 10:07 am
Its actually a hemisphere from EMA Model Supplies. I have to say that part is the bit I like the least about the whole original box. Its just too big. At least they made it more of an elliptical dome on the later variants (Of which I am sure one will follow... ;)

She is beautiful, Steve! And if you ever get the urge to modify your lamp cap, the "original" was much like those on a Met Box: circular with a shallow dome. The square cap with the hemi on it came into use later in the Hartnell era. (I know it was in use for "The Chase" serial - not sure how much before then it came in - but in "The Keys of Marinus", which I think had the frosted cylinder lens in the lamp by then, it had the Met Box-style of lamp cap. So if you like that cap better but still want to keep the frosted cylinder lens, you'd be accurate.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

Dino,

I was umming and ahhing about the lamp style for a while before the fact that I couldn't easily make a Fresnel in the right size clinched it for me and I had to go for the simplified square version...

I think the original lamp lasted until The Web Planet, which seemed to have a one-off replacement lamp used for that story. We don't know for sure what lamp was used for the last episode of The Crusades; but the shots of the TARDIS crew leaving the ship in The Space Museum clearly show the square housing and cylinder affair, so that could have been the first time the revised lamp showed up...

I've plans to do the Altered Brachaki circa 1970 next and the lamp cap is a little shallower on that... ;)

russellsuthern

Great model, Steve, with stunning accuracy!
I love everything about this build!

Russell

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

brenk9carter

Mar 20, 2017, 09:43 am #41 Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 09:43 am by brenk9carter
what can i say other than WOW, she almost looks like a full size build in those pics, i agree with you on the SJA badge but thats an easy fix, well done  ;D
Bren

tony farrell

A lovely little build there Whitey!  ;)

The dirtying-down is especially effective and the black & white shot is very atmospheric! When you come to cast the lever handles and other parts I sent you for our Sharp/Pertwee Consoles, be sure to keep some resin back for a second Brachacki Tardis for me!  :D

T

fivefingeredstyre

That's still on the drawing board mate! I saw a man about the garage last week, if all goes well it should be build by late summer which means that I should have the room to start on a console in the autumn... :)

fivefingeredstyre

little update...

We have a flashing lamp (although you can't quite see it in a still picture, but you know what I mean...)

iygoufdyidr_zpswi02mdxx.jpg

I made the SJA badge a bit larger as well...