Ultrasonic 11.jpg
Ultrasonic 11
Ultrasonic 12.jpg
Ultrasonic 12
Ultrasonic 13.jpg
Ultrasonic 13
Ultrasonic 14.jpg
Ultrasonic 14
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Feb 23, 2017, 05:30 am #1 Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 05:31 am by galacticprobe
Thanks again for another great set of screen grabs, Nate!

And is it my imagination, or do some of those guns from "Frontier In Space" look like longer versions than the ones originally seen in ""Day of the Daleks"? (Some of the ones in the "Frontier" grabs look the same, but some do look a little longer, at least to me. Anyone else?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 23, 2017, 05:30 am
And is it my imagination, or do some of those guns from "Frontier In Space" look like longer versions than the ones originally seen in ""Day of the Daleks"? (Some of the ones in the "Frontier" grabs look the same, but some do look a little longer, at least to me. Anyone else?)

Dino.

I think your right there Dino, they are longer, also there is an extra crystal in the front sight too.

Chris
Chris.

warmcanofcoke

Feb 23, 2017, 02:52 pm #3 Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 02:55 pm by warmcanofcoke
Ultrasonic 08.jpg
Ultrasonic 08

Ultrasonic 14.jpg
Ultrasonic 14

Looks like the handle is stripped down: this would add to the longer appearance.

The Walther PPK of Doctor Who

galacticprobe

Feb 24, 2017, 05:21 am #4 Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017, 05:22 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Feb 23, 2017, 02:52 pm
Looks like the handle is stripped down: this would add to the longer appearance.

True. I hadn't noticed that stripped-down handle, so thanks for pointing that out, Nate.

It also looks like the front sight has a little more room - just a tiny bit more - between it and the pointy ends of the rear sight crystals, and was reworked to fit the front crystal... which I hadn't noticed. (Too busy trying to figure out of the gun really was longer, or just looked longer. Thanks for pointing out that extra crystal, Chris!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Feb 24, 2017, 04:07 pm #5 Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017, 04:14 pm by warmcanofcoke
Quote from: elkad on Feb 23, 2017, 09:53 pm
Theirs more than one sonic gun in the Frontier in Space. Theirs the sniper attachment.
d03-3q-c244.jpg

d03-3q-c244.jpg

As the librarian, I have to separate the various different props into their own thread.

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7467.0

The idea being if someone wants to make an Ogron weapon they would be lost if they had to go to the Ultrasonic Disintegrator thread.

elkad

Apr 24, 2017, 07:20 pm #6 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 07:29 pm by elkad
I did a little research trying to find what type of gun handle the Gorilla's gun was.

The best I could come up with is a crosman air pistol handle.

crosman air pistol.JPGamerican-pnematic-air-pistol-1322.png

I also looked closely to the parts of both Gorilla & Draconion Disitagrator gun.

The Dragon gun has a flat handle,(marked in red), a single PVC barrel, (marked in highlight blue), & an acrylic like screw in the target tube,(Marked in white).
d03-3q-c894 edit.jpg

Wires marked in yellow, barrel marked in red & silver wings, acrylic marked in white with a scew marked in dark blue to hold it in place, & PVC tubes marked in highlight blue
Ultrasonic 08 edit.jpg

Davros Skaro

Quote from: elkad on Apr 24, 2017, 07:20 pm
I did a little research trying to find what type of gun handle the Gorilla's gun was.

The best I could come up with is a crosman air pistol handle.

crosman air pistol.JPGamerican-pnematic-air-pistol-1322.png

I also looked closely to the parts of both Gorilla & Draconion Disitagrator gun.

I think you on to something there, but it looks like they may have left the spring chamber there, just removed the cover at the back that allows for the spring & reload lever to be removed. (My father use to have one similar to this, he's got rid of it years ago, :-\ ) The barrel is easily removed via a screw holding the rear sights, bolt & barrel, which look like they would slide of the end. But then I could be wrong, it's hard when you have shonky eyes.

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Would anyone know the name, or the "GAGE", of the wire uses in connecting the lights, battery's & switch on this prop? I'm trying to find the wire in bulk or on a real.

The second best thing I could do is buy a long AV cable & cut it up for the wire.

Davros Skaro

If your using 9v, AAA, or AA batteries, then thin hookup wire would do just fine anything else would be too bulky & large. Can't think what gauge they call it at this point in time, but just thin hookup wire like you use on circuit boards.

Hope this helps & makes sense.

Chris.
Chris.

Volpone

Also, the...Dragon?...gun appears to lack a trigger guard to allow for the costume's big scaly fingers.

As to the wiring, I don't know, but it looks to be about 16 or 18 gauge.  I've been wiring up some fog lamps on a van and the wiring looks about that thickness.  The specifications claim to be 16 gauge, but the wire stripper doesn't reliably strip it unless I go down to the 18 gauge notch. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

elkad

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Feb 24, 2017, 04:07 pm
Quote from: elkad on Feb 23, 2017, 09:53 pm
Theirs more than one sonic gun in the Frontier in Space. Theirs the sniper attachment.
d03-3q-c244.jpg

d03-3q-c244.jpg

Can you get a screen capture of the sniper from the front? The scene is quick, but you can see him firing off a shot.

elkad

Oct 11, 2019, 10:20 pm #12 Last Edit: Oct 11, 2019, 10:21 pm by elkad
I just watch the episode, never mind my last comment..... I thought I remembered seeing a closeup from the front... ??? I guess my mind zoomed in & fill in it's own details.

DrWho Frontier In Space (Sniper Scene) 01.jpg

mr sheen

Dec 16, 2019, 04:02 pm #13 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2019, 04:02 pm by mr sheen
Love the look of these guns. I think its based on a Webley Hurricane.
08-06-12-01-Webley-Hurricane-with-pellets.jpg

tmdad

Trouble is, The Webley Tempest or Hurricane did not look like that in the early 1970s. Also they were expensive guns for the time.

The Crosman was similar and cheaper, but not as cheap as many Italian and Spanish air pistols of the time. I'm sure I had one when I was a kid - very similar handle with the plastic spring housing above it. Can't remember the name though, trying to find a link to an image.

It is quite similar to a Daisy BB 188 pistol - I can only find a picture of the 1979 model, but it has most of the features on the prop. But I think the un-named gun I used to have fits the brief better, being cheap and mostly plastic handle and spring casing all molded in one piece.

Ah well, back to google searching!