Apr 24, 2024, 01:04 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2000 Year Diary

Started by The14thDr, Feb 12, 2017, 12:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Feb 12, 2017, 12:20 am Last Edit: Feb 12, 2017, 12:23 am by The14thDr
I found a few photos of the 2000 Year Diary in my images folder so I thought I'd post them for anyone wanting to give this a go themselves.

A screengrab showing the diary's cover, taken from The Girl Who Died...
IMG_0283.JPG

... And a couple of the diary's pages courtesy of Heaven Sent (I can't remember if more of the pages were shown in this episode, I'll have to sit down and watch it properly once I get the chance)
IMG_0281.PNG
IMG_0282.PNG

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Cardinal Hordriss

Good pics but I'm not sure it's the same prop in both episodes.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

Feb 13, 2017, 04:26 am #2 Last Edit: Feb 13, 2017, 04:27 am by galacticprobe
Thanks for posting these, 14th! Looking at that last photo and the page in the book (shown at the top in the photo), I wonder if that floor plan isn't part of an actual building somewhere. It certainly looks intricate enough to be one.

At first I thought it was the set plans for one of the TARDIS console rooms, but when I looked closer at it I couldn't see any resemblance to any of them. Then I thought someone had snuck in part of some starship blueprints, as an in-joke, the way one of the ST: TNG episodes listed the first seven actors to play the Doctor on one of their displays, along with I think their first and last episodes. But, no; looking even closer put that one aside as they started looking less like a starship and more like floor plans to a building.

We have some curved buildings in the States, some right in the area where I live, so it's at least plausible. (How many buildings like that are in the UK?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"