TY-J TARDIS Mk II : TYPE 40 - IN STORAGE at BBCTV CENTRE 1998

Started by k9murphy, Jan 27, 2017, 02:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k9murphy

Although some 9 years after the demise of The Classic Series :-[ and The Movie
a 2 Year memory :-[  I worked at BBC TV Centre 1998-99 where I used to walk past
and say hello each morning to Our Old Girl. I wish I could tell my younger self to act
his age on these pic's at TV Centre Scenic Dock but an even younger self
had popped into my head and was having far to much fun!!
Thought I would share these pics for reference details and like minded TARDIS lovers
everywhere.
Some pics don't show Her at Her best what with Digital Telephone Hi-Res Camera's
a thing of Science Fiction in 1998!! Also She was 'In for Repair' when I found Her :)

Me and The Old Girl met up again in Febuary 2013 on My 50th Birthday in Cardiff
and I was so happy and glad to see Her in the 'Flesh' once again. She is looking better than ever :)
and She is still the same Old Battered, Beautiful and Gorgeous Blue POLICE public call BOX!

Thanks to Tony Farrell for his help and for a push from Clayton Hickman :)

TRB 019.jpgTRB 023.jpgTRB 007.jpgTRB 002.jpgBBC 001.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.BBC 05.jpgBBC 06.jpgBBC 07.jpgBBC 08.jpgBBC 09.jpgBBC 11.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.BBC 15.jpgBBC 16.jpgBBC 17.jpgKM01.jpgKM02.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.TRB 003.jpgTRB 004.jpgTRB 004a.jpgTRB 005.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.TRB 008.jpgTRB 009.jpgTRB 010.jpgTRB 011.jpgTRB 012.jpgTRB 013.jpgTRB 014.jpgTRB 015.jpgTRB 016.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.TRB 018.jpgNo message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.BBC 001.jpg

grimusaur

Poor girl, I hate seeing her in this state, but these are some truly excellent pictures! Thanks for sharing. ;D

Volpone

So cool!  Boy, I'd have been tempted to fix her up.  Be awkward to try to explain to the boss, where I was going with a phone panel and a signal lamp housing.  And a big POLICE BOX sign. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

davidnagel

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

You look like Maurice Colbourne's younger brother!
Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk

galacticprobe

Jan 29, 2017, 08:20 am #4 Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017, 08:21 am by galacticprobe
Wow! Everyone has already said what I was going to. So all I can add to this (other than to also say Thank You so much for sharing those photos with us), is

Envy(small).jpg

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Volpone

Oh, and great 90s hair.  Somehow I don't think of 1998 as that long ago--probably in part because the year 2000 was The Future in so much science fiction (heck, the late 1990s was the Dark Future in so much dystopian science fiction.  So it's amusing to see how much hairstyles have changed. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

jontennant

Am I correct in thinking this is the box used in Curse Of Fatal Death?
Jontennant -  'The Other Doctor'