Mar 29, 2024, 11:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The 10th Doctor's hand in a jar

Started by Karomak, Jan 22, 2017, 04:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Feb 27, 2017, 05:27 am #30 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2017, 05:27 am by galacticprobe
This almost sounds like lighting gels used for stage lighting. It's very close to the thickness of transparency film, only it can stand much higher temperatures of the stage lighting. (Unfortunately it's a lot more expensive.)

Actually, looking at that link and seeing a link on Amazon for proper "transparency film", the thickness is the same: 100 microns. Yet, the transparency film is more expensive than the colored plastic sheet of the same size. ???

Nice find on the plastic sheets, Karomak!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Quote from: Karomak on Feb 26, 2017, 10:36 pm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acetate-Sheets-Clear-Transparent-Plastic/dp/B00Y0V7QHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487624434&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+plastic+sheet

That was the stuff I used. It wasn't think cellophane but it wasn't ultra hard. It was a bit thicker than a piece of paper (like only just a bit) but it isn't tearable.

Thanks for this Karomak, it's certainly cheap enough, will save the site/page for later day when I need it & hopefully they'll still have it. :-)

Chris.

*NOTE* we need a "thumbs up" icon as (y) doesn't work. :-)
Chris.

galacticprobe

Feb 27, 2017, 05:54 am #32 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2017, 05:59 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Davros Skaro on Feb 27, 2017, 05:43 am
*NOTE* we need a "thumbs up" icon as (y) doesn't work. :-)

We've already got one, Chris:
Like.jpg
This is where you'll find it. It's linked to the "Like Message" link. (I know you already know about that link, but wasn't sure if you knew it was our version of the "thumbs up".)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 27, 2017, 05:54 am

Like.jpg
This is where you'll find it. It's linked to the "Like Message" link. (I know you already know about that link, but wasn't sure if you knew it was our version of the "thumbs up".)

Dino.

Yep, knew that one Dino, LMSO, some time it's nice to put one in the comments when you've written something that's all, well it is for me. :-))
Chris.

galacticprobe

Feb 28, 2017, 08:35 am #34 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017, 08:36 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Davros Skaro on Feb 27, 2017, 06:50 am
...some time it's nice to put one in the comments when you've written something...

Well, in that case, try one of these:

Oh-yay.jpg

It's one of the things I haven't used yet, so anyone that wants to use it doesn't have to worry about blowing a hole in the universe if they do. ;D

Dino.

timewomble

Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 27, 2017, 05:54 am
Like.jpg
This is where you'll find it. It's linked to the "Like Message" link.

For some reason that doesn't appear in "Recent Posts" view, which is my usual way of reading the site.

Peter