Apr 19, 2024, 01:52 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Capaldi tardis

Started by brenk9carter, Jan 09, 2017, 03:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenk9carter

Apr 15, 2017, 10:45 pm #150 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017, 11:10 pm by brenk9carter
the PTO door is nearly complete, all i have to do is glue in the sign and put a latch on it.
i applied the sticker
Snapchat-1518529304.jpg

Snapchat-358908199.jpg
those 2 pics were taken on my phone so arent as good
however you can see that i now have a yale style lock
IMG_9013.JPG
IMG_9024.JPG
IMG_9015.JPG
you can never have too many pics can you
IMG_9014.JPG

i also put this little vid together when it was assembled
Bren

russellsuthern

Very nice neat work, both inside & out.
My interior looks like I had a sneezing fit while holding an open pot of white emulsion!

You can never have too many pictures & there can never be too many TARDISes in the world!

Well done for your addition to our ever-growing army!!

Regards,

Russell

Avadh

That is absolutely beautiful and very well made. Amazing craftsmanship with such attention to detail.

krissym

I love it I love it I LOVE IT! Well done!
Jenkins! The chap with the wings, there. Five rounds rapid.

karsthotep

excellent excellent build.  Love it.
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

brenk9carter

Apr 21, 2017, 08:42 pm #155 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 08:59 pm by brenk9carter
Progress finally !!!
so things have arrived today
the first one being the windows, they are now blacked out.
the bottom corner panes will have the black stuff taken out so that they are white.
IMG_9030.JPG
IMG_9031.JPG
the phone arrived as well, its definitely not 100% accurate (i mean look it has a hash key) but it should look like it fits in well.
IMG_9026.JPG
and one last thing came.... THE LAMP!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
it took forever to find a fresnel the right size but this one should be pretty perfect, all i have to do is take it out of the casing and put it in the new casing that i made at college a while back.
i might make a silicon mold of the lens so that i can easily make a new one if it breaks and also i may be able to help some people out who are looking for one for their build.
IMG_9028.JPG
IMG_9029.JPG
and i didnt put a proper pic of the door sign in place so here it is
IMG_9032.JPG
i might change the word advise to advice but for now its not really a big problem
Bren

galacticprobe

Apr 22, 2017, 05:33 am #156 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 05:37 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: brenk9carter on Apr 21, 2017, 08:42 pm
i might make a silicon mold of the lens so that i can easily make a new one if it breaks and also i may be able to help some people out who are looking for one for their build.

Bren, the Old Girl is looking beautiful! And I think your phone will do just fine, especially if you ever want to connect it someday and have it actually work!

If you make a mould of the lens, be sure to also make a mould of the inside of the lens like Matt did for his http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5878.0. If you don't, you'll end up with a solid block of lens that will have to be hollowed out: lots of waste in resin and a headache in work and dust. You'll find most of Matt's work on the lens mould including the tapered inner core "plug" on Page 2, starting about 1/4th of the way down the page.

I hope this helps.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

brenk9carter

Apr 23, 2017, 09:23 pm #157 Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 pm by brenk9carter
so today was a bit lacking as i went to the DWE (where  can i put piccies of that on here by the way?) including a tour of the current TARDIS set.
However, i did manage to get the white bits on the windows done.
the windows are just one piece of white acrylic with black film on them so i first marked out where the panes are then i cut out the black bits that arent needed
IMG_9253.JPG
IMG_9254.JPG
then i put them in
IMG_9257.JPG
i have to say putting them in and standing back was a pretty breathtaking moment for me because its finally looking how i imagined it
IMG_9270.JPG
i set up a light inside as well to light up the widows and signs
IMG_9267.JPG
and one more for good luck
IMG_9269.JPG

(Edit) I got another pic of it lit up that I took on my phone which shows it more as it looks in real life
Snapchat-318182406.jpg
Bren

galacticprobe

Apr 24, 2017, 05:17 am #158 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 05:41 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: brenk9carter on Apr 23, 2017, 09:23 pm
...i went to the DWE (where  can i put piccies of that on here by the way?) including a tour of the current TARDIS set.

Bren, first, let me say that your Old Girl is looking splendid! You're doing a magnificent job with her!

As for your photos from the DWE (and any you may have gotten from the TARDIS Set Tour, if you were able to get some - you lucky dog!), I would say post them in the Reference Section for the appropriate items: i.e. TARDIS exteriors in the sub-board for the model of TARDIS - Newbery, TYJ, New Series, Moffat Era*, etc.; consoles in their respective sections - Sharp Console (altered), Kelt Console, First Ed Thomas Console (2005-2009), Second Ed Thomas Console (2010), Michael Pickwoad Console, etc.

(*NOTE FOR MODS: These two I really have a problem with. They cover so many revisions, and "Moffat Era" is part of the "New Series". If we're going to have separate Child Boards for different TARDISes, then they should also follow the console naming convention - i.e. "Ed Thomas" covering TARDIS exteriors for Series 1-4, "Ed Thomas (Altered)" covering TARDIS exteriors for Series 5 onward, until another designer/builder builds a new TARDIS version for the series. Moffat doesn't have his own "era" for TARDIS consoles; those are named for their designers, namely the Second Ed Thomas and the Michael Pickwoad consoles. So, too, should the TARDIS exterior Reference Child Boards give credit to the TARDIS' designer. Why suddenly stop at "Hudolin" and then ignore the name of the New Series TARDIS Props' Designer? It would also make it easier to keep track of those exteriors.)

Bren, for the TARDIS Set Tour, if you were allowed to take photos, I think there is a section for those somewhere. If not, then put them in the other appropriate Reference Section (one for consoles, one for TARDIS exteriors including those doors leading to the TARDIS console room set).

I, for one, can't wait to see what goodies you've got to share with us!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

brenk9carter

Apr 28, 2017, 08:28 pm #159 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2017, 08:59 pm by brenk9carter
the windows are finally glued in now and i have put the textured stuff on the white panes.
IMG_9295.JPG
i think it works quite well really
IMG_9297.JPG
and i managed to pop the fresnel out of the casing with relative ease
IMG_9280.JPG
with a little cleaning it'll be pretty much perfect
IMG_9283.JPG
and i was starting to play around with the led strips for the top signs
IMG_9289.JPG
the backing board for the sign wasn't on properly so a lot of the light could spill out onto the windows
IMG_9302.JPG
Bren

brenk9carter

May 02, 2017, 08:46 pm #160 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:01 pm by brenk9carter
more progress on the top lamp today, i took the parts that i already have to my dads factory and used the lathe there to turn a location on the metal parts for the glass lens to sit in
IMG_9316.JPG
IMG_9310.JPG
this is all the parts for the lamp so far
IMG_9311.JPG
i still need to make the cap for the top and the 4 struts for the sides but its slowly getting there.

i also made the majority of the phone compartment today
IMG_9307.JPG
IMG_9308.JPG
its not complete yet as i need to put a ledge on the outside edge of it so it fits in place like scarfwearers first TARDIS http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=41.30 (thanks for the idea by the way) I'm also going to put a clip in it to hold my sonic.

so yeah all in all quite a productive day  :D
Bren

The14thDr

This. Is. Beautiful!!!! I love everything about this build, you've certainly done a fantastic job building here - this is definitely one to be proud of (and its my favourite model of TARDIS as well! ;D) I'm so jealous of members who have the time, skills, money, patience and skill to pull something like this off (and to such a standard as well!)
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

brenk9carter

May 02, 2017, 09:04 pm #162 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:06 pm by brenk9carter
Quote from: The14thDr on May 02, 2017, 08:50 pm
This. Is. Beautiful!!!! I love everything about this build, you've certainly done a fantastic job building here - this is definitely one to be proud of (and its my favourite model of TARDIS as well! ;D) I'm so jealous of members who have the time, skills, money, patience and skill to pull something like this off (and to such a standard as well!)

Thanks 14th ;), i am definitely more than just proud of it, i think when i put it up for the first time and looked at it from a distance i kind of hit me like  omg... I HAVE A TARDIS!!!!!!  ;D
Bren

karsthotep

You know when i was your age no one had a TARDIS,  I remember back in the day wishing I had one but not having the resources like today.  Now everyone has a TARDIS some people even two,  they are everywhere..you don't know how good you kids have it with your new fangled interwebs.  <LOL>
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

Scarfwearer

May 03, 2017, 04:52 pm #164 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:53 pm by Scarfwearer
Well, we had fridge boxes... :D

That first moment when you stand back and think: "It's a Tardis in my garage!" is wonderful.