Apr 27, 2024, 04:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Movellan's Dalek virus Canisters & Pods

Started by Davros Skaro, Dec 29, 2016, 05:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Dec 29, 2016, 05:13 am Last Edit: Dec 29, 2016, 12:11 pm by warmcanofcoke
The canisters containing the Movellan's Dalek virus & the Pods that Davros had it put in so he could use it against the Daleks that opposed him in "Resurrection of The Daleks".

NDVD_086.jpg
NDVD_094.jpg
NDVD_095.jpg
NDVD_101.jpg
Doctor opening the canister & turning the valve to release the gas/virus,

NDVD_102.jpg
NDVD_104.jpg
NDVD_106.jpg
Transferring it to pods for Davros' use,

NDVD_085.jpg
NDVD_090.jpg
NDVD_097.jpg
Gas started before Davros hit it on the ledge,

NDVD_100.jpg
Chris.

davidnagel

I wonder what the main canister is? Off the shelf or very customised item for the story?
Regards
David

Angelus Lupus

The cylinder with the radial fins... I swear I've seen that elsewhere, maybe not Who, but it looks familiar.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Davros Skaro

I agree, I've had the same thoughts for a long time about the cylinder every time I see it. I can't seem to re-call where I've seen it either.

Chris.
Chris.

galacticprobe

Dec 29, 2016, 10:42 pm #4 Last Edit: Dec 29, 2016, 10:44 pm by galacticprobe
Thanks again for the great images, Chris. Believe it or not, that canister looks an awful lot like one of those rubber fenders boaters use to keep their boats from rubbing against pilings or other such things. I usually see them in white (don't know why white; they get grey and dirty very fast), and in black. I can't remember if I've ever seen them in blue, but that doesn't mean they don't make them in blue.

Of course they could have simply been sprayed blue for use in the story if they were boat fenders, but that one seen close up has a green line along each fin where it joins the main body. Then there's that opening with the thingy inside it, but that could have been a fairly easy modification to make. It's a thought anyway.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

elkad

Dec 30, 2016, 07:31 pm #5 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2016, 07:42 pm by elkad
The cylinder looks like Fender Buoy.

Blue 16-dbl-sized Fender Buoy copy.jpg

The cap on the end looks like a small metal mixer mixing bowl.
(couldn't find a pic of that specific bowl, but I know I have on at home. This pic will have to do for now. :) )

Mixer Bowl.jpg

I had the idea of making one of these using an electric cigarette for the smoke.

For the egg like ammunition shell, modified egg vender capsules. The one with a hole in it, use a soldering iron to burn it & fill it with a little CO2 from a can of the keyboard cleaning, air spraying thingy.

elkad

Dec 31, 2016, 02:36 pm #6 Last Edit: Dec 31, 2016, 02:37 pm by elkad
I found it.  ;D  I don't want to ruin my mothers mixing bowls, so can anyone tell me were I can find another pair, or what specific name this mixing bowl is called?

DSCI0012.JPGDSCI0013.JPG

warmcanofcoke

Dec 31, 2016, 03:39 pm #7 Last Edit: Dec 31, 2016, 03:41 pm by warmcanofcoke
Very cool. I don't know the brand - but try googleing a picture, or popping into a kitchen supply store. I think I have seen a thermos [Vacuum Bottle] with a similar cap as well.

61kY6kt4RnL._SL1500_.jpg
index.jpg
thermos-002.jpg

On cold days we could have a hot cup of joe with dalek virus.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

elkad

I'm going to make a cardboard version of this prop to get my size correct, for the actuate prop build, witch will contain a fog machine, or a modified vape pen. Can anyone give me some best guess measurements to start off with. Oh IDEA, I could measure my metal bowls & scale the image to fit. I am starting my measuring today :)

Movellan's Dalek virus Canisters & Pods.jpg

elkad

Here's my first run off blue print. It may change once I get my cardboard template going to see if it's correct. I'll have a link to the build when I get enough pics for the project. Keep watching.  8)  ;D

Movellan Virus Blueprints.jpg

elkad

elkad