Mar 29, 2024, 03:50 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Dalek Trooper Guns

Started by Davros Skaro, Dec 29, 2016, 04:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 25, 2022, 01:29 amWhat are those electrical thingies called that look like the business end of these guns?

Emitter coils.

elkad

I'm wondering about the dubble barrel & light on the tip.
The barrels look like conduit & the light looks like a DR30D0L-L9RZC Fuji Electric LED indicating light.

1-2 inch GRAY FLEXIBLE LIQUID TIGHT CONDUIT.pngDR30D0L-L9RZC Fuji Electric LED indicating ligh.jpg

comments suggestions, I'd like to make one, & I'm a stickler for accuracy.

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: elkad on Jul 25, 2022, 03:08 pm
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 25, 2022, 01:29 amWhat are those electrical thingies called that look like the business end of these guns?

Emitter coils.

I mean in real life. They turn up as props in sci-fi a lot... I'd post a pic but can't find one without a name.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Volpone

They have a passing resemblance to a power line insulator.  Don't know if that's what they are or not.  https://www.liyond.com/line-post-insulator-epoxy-resin-switchgear-lyc295/
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Volpone on Jul 28, 2022, 01:49 amThey have a passing resemblance to a power line insulator.  Don't know if that's what they are or not.  https://www.liyond.com/line-post-insulator-epoxy-resin-switchgear-lyc295/

It's possible it was taken in the same way that from the eyestalk mold that was taken for the exploding fx dalek in Remembrance. PB has a video about that eyestalk on his channel :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Davros Skaro

Quote from: Volpone on Jul 28, 2022, 01:49 amThey have a passing resemblance to a power line insulator.  Don't know if that's what they are or not.  https://www.liyond.com/line-post-insulator-epoxy-resin-switchgear-lyc295/

It could well be one of those, I grabbed a pic too for refference.Line-post-insulator-epoxy-resin-switchgear-LYC295.jpg
Chris.

Cardinal Hordriss

Managed to capture a couple of pics of the sort of thing I'm thinking of though they are quite different from one another. It's very difficult finding something when you don't know what it's called lol.

Screenshot_20220801-075031_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-075240_YouTube.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

drdean

If you put plastic (or rubber) gaiter (or bellows) into google images you get some pretty close matches.

elkad

The emitter coils always reminds me of the glass non-conductors on power lines.

non-conductor coils.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: elkad on Aug 01, 2022, 02:21 pmThe emitter coils always reminds me of the glass non-conductors on power lines.

non-conductor coils.jpg

Yes! Those!

Volpone

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 01, 2022, 10:39 pm
Quote from: elkad on Aug 01, 2022, 02:21 pmThe emitter coils always reminds me of the glass non-conductors on power lines.

non-conductor coils.jpg

Yes! Those!
What, you mean a power line insulator?;)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Cardinal Hordriss

Yes. I know it's not what the guns are made from, I was just using the similarity in the gun barrel to find out what the thing was that I was thinking of from seeing them in other things on other occasions.

elkad

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Aug 01, 2022, 06:56 amManaged to capture a couple of pics of the sort of thing I'm thinking of though they are quite different from one another. It's very difficult finding something when you don't know what it's called lol.

Screenshot_20220801-075031_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-075240_YouTube.jpg

I finally figured out what it remided me of....

A rubber gaiter from a studio camera cable.

gaiter.jpg

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

elkad

Sep 10, 2022, 05:18 pm #29 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2022, 05:21 pm by elkad
I made a blueprint, I don't know if the size is correct, or close, but if its not, or someone has some info, I can always edit later.  8)

Dalek Trooper Gun.jpg