Mar 29, 2024, 05:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Gamma Forests Name Cloth - River Song's Name

Started by The14thDr, Feb 03, 2017, 03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Feb 03, 2017, 03:50 pm Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017, 09:13 pm by The14thDr
This seems like a cool prop to replicate, so I went ahead and took some screencaps from the episode for anyone wanting to give this a try.

river's name.jpg
river's name2.jpg

And the word "river" in the language of the Forest (for anyone wanting an un-translated version.)
river's name3.jpg

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Feb 06, 2017, 06:25 am #1 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 06:25 am by galacticprobe
Thanks for the grabs, 14th! That "whip" stitching around the border of the two halves of the prop, and the attached beading, shouldn't be a big problem. Lots of those Christmas stockings you see in stores have that around their edging to hold them together, and anyone that has something of that sort lying about can see how it's done.

The hard part is going to be in the names. You'll need a sewing machine, or know someone that has one, capable of doing embroidering stitching. Following the lettering manually will be difficult, but I think there are some sewing machines that can connect to computers and like C-N-C machines, they can follow a pattern and do the embroidering on their own, but I have no idea how much they cost to buy or rent.

There are places that do embroidering, so if anyone knows of a source for those they could post a link in the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=31.0 Section. (Or would that be considered part of Props from the Shops?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"