Feb 29, 2024, 05:20 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hand of Omega

Started by Davros Skaro, Nov 21, 2016, 01:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Nov 21, 2016, 01:54 am Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 05:44 am by warmcanofcoke
Hand of Omega, from the story "Rememberance of The Daleks", with Sylvestor McCoy October 1988.

handofomega3335_sm.jpg
NDVD_002.jpg
NDVD_003.jpg
NDVD_004.jpg
NDVD_006.jpg
NDVD_007.jpg
NDVD_008.jpg
NDVD_009.jpg
NDVD_010.jpg
NDVD_011.1.jpg
NDVD_016.jpg
NDVD_024.jpg
NDVD_025.jpg
NDVD_026.jpg
NDVD_027.jpg
NDVD_028.jpg
NDVD_029.jpg
NDVD_040.jpg
If you wish to make a paper one here are some plans I found on the net.
Hand of omega1.jpg
Hand of omega2.jpg
Chris.

13drwho

I've always thought this would make a great coffee table or trunk at the end of a king size bed. It would have lots of room for storage. I wish I had the room to make one (life size)! If you made it half-size it could be used as a foot locker... careful, I'm talking myself into it!

Davros Skaro

I did make the one out of paper (which needed tweaking), now I'm thinking of making one for the 5" scale figures out of balsa. I couldn't make one any bigger, no room to put it.
Chris.

galacticprobe

Nov 21, 2016, 07:10 am #3 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 07:10 am by galacticprobe
Great images! Thanks, Chris, for capturing and posting those from the story. And, Nate, great find on that paper model, and thanks for posting it here for us. (Just curious because of how the Forum sometimes works with posted images, but is that the size of the pattern for the paper model? Or is it larger on the link where you found it?) Also, Chris, what sort of "tweaks" did you need to make when building the paper model?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Nov 21, 2016, 07:34 am #4 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 07:49 am by davros skaro
I can't remember where I found the plans for the paper model, I printed it out on A4 paper & it measures about 120mm L x 45mm W x 45mm H, the "tweak" that I did, was the size of the half round bits on the top section that end up as the corner bits, where the plan says "fold the corners around & glue together" I cut them down a bit after gluing them, they are rather high. OH & I used light card or thick paper too.

**EDIT** by some fluke, I went with a hunch & found the site, it says shuttle, but "The Hand of Omega" is also on the page.

http://aftdownloads.co.uk/Dalekshuttle.htm
Chris.

davidnagel

Interesting prop that one. No screengrab is ever clear enough to see what sort of texture is on the box, initially it looked like a wooden box with chicken wire on the outside but surely it isn't that...
Regards
David

Angelus Lupus

Looks like the sort of texture you'd get on an old leather travelling trunk.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Davros Skaro

sorry, I miss putting these 2 up, it's the inside, but also the texture on the out side.

NDVD_050.jpg
NDVD_051.jpg
Chris.