Mar 28, 2024, 07:40 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's 2006 Cyberman Helmet

Started by BioDoctor900, Nov 15, 2016, 12:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Hi guys,

So this is another thing I've been working on recently. A friend of mine made the vac formed back plate and so I had to cut the back section off of the voice changer helmet, take out the battery compartment and the on off switch for it to sit in place. I the super glued it in place and filled on the gaps with some filler. I then sprayed it over with silver, which came out slightly runny. So I'm going to have to try and get a smooth finish and then use some rub n buff. The spray got on the eyes, but that's not a problem as I'm going to put some mesh in there hopefully, or at least some black netting. I kept the blue light in the mouth piece and have wired it up to a 2 x AA battery pack, so it can be turned on for display. I've put it onto a 'stand' although I'm not too sure if ii like it like that yet. I've also got to make the neck section and then it will be finished.

IMG_20161114_232409.jpg

Thoughts??

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

Nov 15, 2016, 05:20 am #1 Last Edit: Nov 15, 2016, 05:21 am by galacticprobe
It looks really good so far, BioDoc. Maybe it's just the photos, but as far as I can see, you can't really notice the "runny" paint you mention. It does look a little "weathered", but it looks good like that - sort of how one might imagine Handles looked when the 11th Doctor first picked him up.

I think it's a brilliant job so far. Well done!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Nov 18, 2016, 10:33 pm #2 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2016, 10:35 pm by BioDoctor900
Well it's more or less finished now. Need to plug up the three holes on the side where the buttons go, and I may replace the neck section at some point as I couldnt get hold of a yoga mat like I'd originally planned to do, but I did rub n buff it, which has given it a slightly better shine to it.

IMG_20161118_221116.jpg

IMG_20161118_223440.jpg

I'm happy with how it looks and its strange to see one with a back on it

BioDoctor900

davidnagel

Regards
David

galacticprobe

Nov 19, 2016, 06:09 am #4 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2016, 06:09 am by galacticprobe
I agree with David: nicely done, BioDoc! It looks superb. (And I for one wouldn't want to sleep with that thing unguarded in my house. Remember what that Cyberhead did to Amy in "The Pandorica Opens"! ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"