Apr 20, 2024, 05:29 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Invisible Enemy Gun

Started by Davros Skaro, Nov 20, 2016, 02:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Nov 20, 2016, 02:30 am Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 04:30 pm by warmcanofcoke
this is the gun they use in "The Invivsble Enemy", there are some obvious variations to it as well. I hope these pics will help anyone who is interested in building one.

NDVD_000.1.jpg
with a hand for comparison;
NDVD_001.1.jpg
NDVD_023.jpg
NDVD_026.jpg
NDVD_027.jpg
NDVD_028.jpg
NDVD_029.jpg
NDVD_032.jpg
Here you can see "Leela" changing the "Power Pack"
NDVD_036.jpg
NDVD_037.jpg
NDVD_038.jpg
NDVD_043.jpg
NDVD_045.jpg
NDVD_048.jpg
NDVD_052.jpg
NDVD_053.jpg
NDVD_055.jpg
NDVD_057.jpg
NDVD_062.jpg
NDVD_064.jpg
NDVD_068.jpg
NDVD_071.jpg
NDVD_072.jpg
NDVD_083.jpg
NDVD_084.jpg
NDVD_089.jpg
Chris.

Davros Skaro

Dec 11, 2016, 09:31 am #1 Last Edit: Dec 11, 2016, 09:33 am by Davros Skaro
I was just looking through the snap shots, & noticed something wrong (or very strange), see if you can see it.

NDVD_000.1.jpg

Spoiler
The middle one has a shorter barrel
[close]

Chris.
Chris.

galacticprobe

Dec 12, 2016, 07:19 am #2 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016, 07:51 am by galacticprobe
Maybe something went wrong with the pour when they cast that muzzle, and no one thought anybody would notice if they just cleaned it up and stuck it in, rather than spending more time repouring it. (After all, back then they had no idea that in 40 years people like us would be using our DVD pause buttons to scrutinize every prop from this "kids' show". I'm sure that short-barrelled gun was only on screen like that for a second or so, and no one would have noticed it at the time.

There's a web site out there (that I can't find now, and I should have saved the image when I saw it) showing a screen grab from the re-mastered 'Star Trek' series. In the episode "The Galileo Seven", after the shuttlecraft crash lands on the planet, one of the crew opens a panel in the bulkhead and exposes a phaser pistol rack. Someone spotted a phaser with a shorter "emitter point" sitting amongst the others. That scene only lasts about two seconds, and that includes opening the panel and starting to hand out phasers. No one knows why that one phaser had a shorter emitter point than the others, but again, back then no one would have thought that 50 years later people would be using their DVD and pause button to scrutinize such things, and without that pause button, you'd never notice that inconsistency.

Maybe something on the barrel broke and they only had time to cut it down to make it look good when someone was holding it. Maybe it was something wrong with the casting and they just cut off the bad part to save time (and money by not having to recast a barrel).

You just have to love that Pause button, through; it reveals a whole new world of details that no one had seen before.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"