Apr 19, 2024, 12:37 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Mercury Fluid Link (remodeled)

Started by 13drwho, Oct 29, 2016, 10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Nov 24, 2016, 05:28 am #15 Last Edit: Nov 24, 2016, 05:29 am by galacticprobe
Looks like those revisions do match the original prop more closely, The Jason. You can really tell when you've got your first go to compare it to. I think you've got it this time (and I can't wait to see your "Take 2!" <sound of clapboard snapping> of your recreating the Hartnell scene :D).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

13drwho

Here is the finished mark II Mercury Fluid Link. I will try to recreate the William Hartnel picture again tomorrow.

mercury fluid link.jpg

Davros Skaro

That looks great, how did you do this one?
Is that a piece of dowel for the ends & running through the center?
Chris.

13drwho

I created an updated model and had it 3D printed. I think it's much closer than the first one.

galacticprobe

Dec 18, 2016, 08:06 am #19 Last Edit: Dec 18, 2016, 08:06 am by galacticprobe
I think you nailed it this time, The Jason! Those revisions look perfect. I can't wait to see your re-creation of the Hartnell scene with your remodeled fluid link. (I'm guessing the spacing of the fluid link discs will be just right.)

Brilliant job!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

13drwho

The updated William Hartnel scene recreation...

mercury fluid link scene recreation bw.jpg

galacticprobe

Dec 20, 2016, 06:44 am #21 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2016, 06:49 am by galacticprobe
I think you've definitely nailed the spacing of those discs on the fluid link, The Jason! Your re-creation image is about spot on. Nicely done (on the fluid link and re-creating the Hartnell scene).

Now I'm curious about what those other details on this prop are: the ones Nate mentioned in his thread on it (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7170.msg91416#msg91416).

Dino.

Davros Skaro

defiantly looking good, I've been wanting to build one myself, do I have permission to use your measurements for mine?

Chris.
Chris.

13drwho

Thank you for your comments. Of coarse you can use my dimensions, that's why I posted them.

13drwho

Here is the display stand. The Mercury Fluid Link is held onto it with a magnet. It is already on display in my Console Room!!!

mercury fluid link with display stand.jpg

warmcanofcoke

I love the display and the use of magnets  ;D
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Davros Skaro

Dec 23, 2016, 04:41 am #26 Last Edit: Dec 23, 2016, 04:41 am by Davros Skaro
I have to totally agree with Nate, it looks really great.  :)

Shame we can't do a thumbs up on here, I'd give you 2 of them.

Chris.
Chris.

troughtonstrousers

Excellent I put mine where it belongs IMG_1904.JPG