Apr 18, 2024, 12:25 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Newbery Tardis

Started by tony farrell, Oct 15, 2016, 11:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimusaur

Given Tony's previous work, I would wait just a little longer for him to finish his article, his plans for the TYJ and Brachacki boxes are some of the best TARDIS plans period, and I have no doubt that his plans for the Newbery box would follow suit. Until then, lespaceplie's plans over in the Workshop section are the next best thing!

moretroubleagain

slowly building up a collection of photos and plans. Thanks for the quick replies.

Now I built my daughter's bedroom door by improvising a lot.

The angel of bevel for the door panels. I did 45 degrees on my doors. is there a known angel for the panels?tardisdoor.jpg

tony farrell

Hi Moretroubleagain - 45 degree angle and 15 mm deep!

As to the rest of the dimensions well, I'm hoping to include some CGI renders with the Newbery 'article'. So I'm going to have to ask you to wait just a wee while longer!  ;)

T

P.S., Thanks for the compliment Grimusaur!

Rassilons Rod

I'm practically frothing at the mouth, Tony!!!!
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

You can get pills for that Marc!  ;D

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Nov 30, 2016, 04:41 am #51 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 05:30 am by kiwidoc
Quote from: grimusaur on Nov 29, 2016, 03:53 pm
Given Tony's previous work, I would wait just a little longer for him to finish his article...

Until then, lespaceplie's plans over in the Workshop section are the next best thing!

Moretroubleagain, I agree on waiting for Tony to finish his article. However, in the meantime just so you can get some ideas in your head, grimusaur's suggestion is a good one (so you don't end up frothing at the mouth like Marc is ;) ;D).

And just so you don't have to hunt too much for the plans grimusaur is referring to, you'll find links to those free PDFs in the first post of this thread: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3180.0.

As for the 2005-2009 TARDIS, you can find some nice detailed plans (again free PDF downloads) here Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff's Series 1-4 TARDIS Plans. The Matt Smith version (at least for Series 5) was pretty close to the measurements of the Eccleston/Tennant box, with a taller base and new lamp on top being the most obvious physical changes (other than cosmetics: paint and such). So you should be able to work the Smith plans from the 2005 TARDIS plans, just give that one a new lamp on its roof, and a base that's about 6 inches tall with roughly 1.5-2-inch wider corner posts (see Bill's (DoctorWho8) post on that here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1559.msg53122#msg53122).

Also remember the wording on the Smith's phone panel reads "OFFICERS & CARS" - the 2005 TARDIS reads "OFFICER & CARS".)

I hope you find some of this useful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

handofomega

Tony are the measurements in millimeters?

tony farrell

Yes, all dimensions for the Newbery Tardis exterior and interior will be stated in millimeters!

T

galacticprobe

Dec 20, 2016, 05:33 am #54 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2016, 05:34 am by galacticprobe
You really know how to build anticipation, Tony! :D And Barry Piggott's work here is just as impressive as Barry Newbery's work was on the series. (Two Barrys doing impressive work on the same set: one practical about 40 years ago; one virtual today; so I don't think Barry silverfox would mind that little teaser. And boy, does it tease!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

silverfox

I don't mind in the slightest. It's all credit to Tony's brilliant plans anyway. His attention to detail to recreate Newberry's designs is incredible.

Angelus Lupus

See, this is the 'problem' with having so many talented folks here, be it researching minutiae, or producing excellent builds (both real and virtual)... we've been spoiled to the point where we've gotten used to quality information and gorgeous pictures!  ;D
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

tony farrell

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 25, 2017, 05:02 pm
We've been spoiled to the point where we've gotten used to quality information and gorgeous pictures!  ;D

There's more to come yet (including the very distinct possibility that the Dalek films/Aaru Police Box wasn't destroyed in the New Avengers and the equally distinct possibility that "The Thirty Years in the Tardis" prop is, in actual fact, the oldest screen-used Tardis in existence)!

I've got some really very talented, well-informed and kind people who are working with me on this research including Clayton Hickman, Jon Green (Dalek 63-88), George Seaton, Andrew-Mark Thompson and (via Andrew) Peter Darrington who wrote the 2005 book "A History Of The British Police Telephone Kiosk"; lastly, but by no means least(ly), there's our very own Domvar as well!

Stay tuned - these things always take a little longer than you think - but, I/we hope they'll be worth it!!  :)

T

kert gantry

Cor, this sounds good. Can't wait to hear more about the 30 Years/Ealing Box. I mean, it always had a look of being the Brachacki's older brother....! 

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Jan 25, 2017, 05:39 pm
There's more to come yet (including the very distinct possibility that the Dalek films/Aaru Police Box wasn't destroyed in the New Avengers and the equally distinct possibility that "The Thirty Years in the Tardis" prop is, in actual fact, the oldest screen-used Tardis in existence)!

what.png

(10th Doctor sums up my reaction  ;D )
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.