Started by davidnagel, Sep 19, 2016, 11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

...this time, it smokes!

Regards
David

galacticprobe

Sep 20, 2016, 04:47 am #1 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2016, 04:47 am by galacticprobe
Okay... now that is really cool! Very unique design, David. I like it, especially the round "windows" and that lamp on the roof. (And of course, the "smoke stack".) I don't think anyone's done a build like this before! Well done!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

If I was responsible I'd have made a build thread hence this being in the Tardis sightings board :)

I wish I could claim TWas me but twasnt
Regards
David

galacticprobe

Sep 21, 2016, 03:38 am #3 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 03:38 am by galacticprobe
Well, in that case... Great find, David! ;D Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Volpone

Sep 21, 2016, 05:04 am #4 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 05:05 am by volpone
Hmmm...  

1) I wonder if that is a steampunk Cyberman in front of the garage.
2) The flag behind the TARDIS looks like a Texas flag.  
3) That said, after the video, there's a thumbnail with said TARDIS and a "Tidewater Comicon" sign in the background.  That would be Virginia, unless I miss my guess.  So I'm guessing it is a Texan living in Virginia/North Carolina, since it would be crazy to strike and transport a TARDIS from Texas to Virginia.  
4)...or it could be a North Carolina flag.  It is similar to the Texas flag and is close enough to Virginia Beach to be plausible.  
Elementary, my dear Watson.
[Nope.  Definitely not an NC flag.  Drat.]
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Sep 22, 2016, 04:48 am #5 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2016, 05:03 am by galacticprobe
Okay... got a bit of motion sickness watching that "Tidewater Comicon" video, but yeah, that odd-shaped building in the first few stills at the beginning is the Virginia Beach Pavilion (a.k.a. The Convention Center - veterans still call it "the Pavilion" from its moniker from years back). I'm not sure what part of the room that was set up in, but I don't remember seeing that TARDIS in there. (I'll have to check some of the photos the wife and The Evil One took.) I did recognize the Series 1-4 TARDIS with the 10th Doctor in front of it: my 9th Doctor got caught up with him, a War Doctor, and an 11th Doctor with fans flashing photos like the paparazzi for a while. Great bunch of guys they were, but their TARDIS was against the wall with the 1960s Batmobile, and was the only TARDIS on that wall.

It's possible that I didn't get to that other side of the room (it was pretty large), and there was a lot to see, plus I spent some time playing catch up with a friend, and having to sit down a lit to rest my back.

Okay, just took another quick peek at that "Tidewater Comicon" video via the "Watch on YouTube" button, and that video was from Tidewater Comicon 2015 - last year's. I wasn't able to make that one. This past year (2016) is when I was there, which could explain why I didn't see that one. Depending on where they live in North Carolina it's possible they decided not to come to this Comicon (or that I just missed seeing that TARDIS). Still, once I can get the wife to download the photos from her phone I'll double-check those. (Not sure how The Evil One will get the photos from her phone while she's in Japan? I'll ask the wife to check with her to see if it's possible, and go from there.)

Dino.