Apr 19, 2024, 08:13 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

7th Doctor's Pocket Watch

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Sep 06, 2016, 10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

Found the correct pocket watch and the correct Casio, plus a 3D printed face and here it is - 14171997_10154560067409319_1819607809_n.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

davidnagel

Oooh lovely!

This one has been on my desk for a long time now, I have the watch shell (what general dimensions is yours? I don't know if mine is a reproduction or an original run one) but no Casio - I was going to use a tiny picture of the watch face or something.
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss

I got the pocket watch itself on eBay, they aren't uncommon or expensive, but after wearing it on my waist coat a lot the gold colouring has worn away quite a bit.

Originally I made the face myself but then found a 3D print version on Shapeways which fits the watch perfectly. I also made the casio using a high resolution print under a bit of plastic because the original casio watches were to hard to find and when I did they were too expensive. I was very lucky to find the one I did.

The face of the watch is aprox. 34mm across.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

davidnagel

That sounds roughly like the dimensions of mine! I may have to check that Shapeways 3d print out then  - thanks for that :)

I considered a lenticular print, where two images are combined and at different angles appear to "move", for the rotating dials.

Casios when they pop up on ebay are always well over £100 and instantly out of my prop building budget. One on ebay at the moment is priced at £400-ish. I wonder if its the James Bond connection, even though thats a different Casio.
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss

Mine was £30 but was just the face and the works, no strap or casing so ideal for the purpose really.

Try searching for other digital watches of the same size and see what you can find that look similarly sci-fi.

blixathecat

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Sep 06, 2016, 10:40 am
Originally I made the face myself but then found a 3D print version on Shapeways which fits the watch perfectly. I also made the casio using a high resolution print under a bit of plastic because the original casio watches were to hard to find and when I did they were too expensive. I was very lucky to find the one I did.

I have been looking on Shapeways trying to find the model. Would you happen to have the link or contact?

Thanks!

davidnagel

Feb 18, 2018, 08:16 am #6 Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018, 08:16 am by davidnagel
Quote from: blixathecat on Feb 18, 2018, 01:18 am

I have been looking on Shapeways trying to find the model. Would you happen to have the link or contact?

Thanks!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shapeways%3A+13doctorwho
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss