Apr 20, 2024, 02:15 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Planet Of Evil Anti-Mater sample jar

Started by elkad, Aug 25, 2016, 10:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Nov 07, 2016, 07:35 pm #15 Last Edit: Nov 07, 2016, 07:36 pm by elkad
The bar is a 1x6",(I forgot the thickness of the board). The pin on the top of this photo is a 7/16" & 7/8" dowel rod. The lower pin is a 3/8" & 5/8" dowel rod. I'll have to wait for the project box for the lighting effect. For now I'll just sand & paint until it dose.
The poster board I use to cover the foam, sanding makes it frizzy & comes out when I paint it. The best I can do is wood putty it all down & sand it like my life depended on it.

Anti-mater 028.JPG

Davros Skaro

give it a coat of paint, then sand it with a very fine grade sandpaper, this should get rid of the fuzz for you. I use poster card all the time & I find this works for me.  :)

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

I just made some ani-mater stickers,( guesswork), & put them here. http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5107.msg91058;topicseen#msg91058
Let me know what you think. ;D

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Nov 07, 2016, 10:45 pm
give it a coat of paint, then sand it with a very fine grade sandpaper, this should get rid of the fuzz for you. I use poster card all the time & I find this works for me.  :)

Chris.

Thanks for the tip Davros Skaro :)

elkad

Dec 09, 2016, 05:38 pm #18 Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016, 05:42 pm by elkad
I made more sticker updates. A couple I couldn't figure out which was which so I made two of the one's I wasn't Shure about.

Anti-mater Sticker 01.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 02.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 03.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 04.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 05.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 06.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 07.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 08.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 09.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 010.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 011.jpgAnti-mater Sticker Guess.jpgAnti-mater Sticker Guess 02.jpg

galacticprobe

Dec 10, 2016, 07:07 am #19 Last Edit: Dec 10, 2016, 07:08 am by galacticprobe
Brilliant stickers, all of them! The way I look at it, those stickers that can't be positively identified just open the door for variations that allow for more stickers. That means anyone can build more antimatter containers (eight total) and have a different sticker for each one.

Your idea for making those extra two variations is a great one, and because those stickers (as of now) can't be positively identified, no one can tell you that you're wrong. Well done, elkad!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

elkad

Dec 15, 2016, 10:25 pm #20 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2016, 10:26 pm by elkad
I made a video for my recent update, & finally found how the camera works to get a clear image apart from my last anti-matter video.

Davros Skaro

VERY NICELY DONE! you've done a great job on this, keep up the good work. good workmanship can't be rushed!
Chris.

galacticprobe

Dec 16, 2016, 05:44 am #22 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2016, 05:45 am by galacticprobe
Wow! I have to agree with Chris on this one! That's an amazing replica, right down to the rock candy. Just like in the story, the antimatter bits look "clear" (aside from the color-changing aspect of it), but when you take them out you get to see that amber color.

Simply put: Well done all round, elkad!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

elkad

Feb 04, 2017, 06:09 pm #23 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 06:15 pm by elkad
I cut out a hole plug for the bottom & drimaled out a cavity for the T-light.
Anti-mater 029.JPGAnti-mater 030.JPGAnti-mater 031.JPGAnti-mater 032.JPG

I used a angel grinder to sand the foam to fit. It was to fast for me to work with, so I got my Dimmer Switch Extinction Cord to slow it down. (Dimer Switches, not just for dimming lights.) :DAnti-mater 033.JPGAnti-mater 034.JPG

elkad

Jun 21, 2017, 06:23 pm #24 Last Edit: Jun 21, 2017, 06:24 pm by elkad
My candy anti-matter has lost its... ah.. I don't know..Punch, color?

Anyone know how to store transparent candy in a way it wont white out?

I stored this batch in a cottage cheese container & a few desiccant packets. Look what happened.

Anti-matter.JPG

elkad

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Jun 22, 2017, 04:04 am
Clear gravel 202.jpg

Chris.

I have that type of crystal gravel.
Thanks for the suggestion, but there are two reasons I'm not using it. The crystals are all the same shape, the ones in the show are all broken up rock, random shapes & size, with a sprinkle of rock dust.
That & I plan to eat rock candy in my video clip. ;D

For prop looks I can crush up acrylic bars & dab a sprinkle of brownish pant on it. Or pre-panted acrylic.

galacticprobe

Jun 22, 2017, 04:38 pm #28 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2017, 04:38 pm by galacticprobe
Elkad, maybe you could go to a store that sells that rock candy and tell them of the problem you're having, and ask them how they store theirs to keep it looking fresh (since you can't eat that much rock candy all at once - well... maybe you can, but you wouldn't need to tell them that ;)). I know there are candy stores scattered around where I live, and while not all of them sell rock candy, a couple of them do. So I'm sure there's got to be one around where you live.

The crystal gravel sounds like it would be good for long shots and "stunt" shots, where its detail isn't going to be discernible. If it's not possible to store rock candy without it turning color, maybe you can just buy some a day or so before you plan to film your "antimatter eating" scenes. Then it would still be fresh and clear for those close-up detailed shots.

I hope some of this helps.

Dino.

elkad

I made this rock candy myself from a lolly pop candy recipe on YouTube. https://youtu.be/kQuwgg6DNLU?list=PL657FF151C1D41FBC

Asking candy stores is a good idea, but the nearest bulk candy store is way out of town. I can ask the person I got the recipe from or just ask around for suggestions who might know of this subject.