Apr 19, 2024, 06:37 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Twelfth Doctor's Electric Guitar & Amp

Started by The14thDr, Oct 13, 2015, 05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Thanks Senseidale!! ;D This will be a fantastic resource for my 'prop' build. :D

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

childofgallifrey

Yep, it's a favorite for the beeb! It is literally right next to the studios, I highly recommend a visit to both the experiance and the cafe!
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

BritishFilmGeek

Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 am #17 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018, 03:27 pm by BritishFilmGeek
Old thread I know, but thought I could contribute. Everyone here has done great work identifying the guitars and amp, but no one has identified the guitar strap used. So I made an attempt and here's my best guess.

IMG_1434.JPG

As you can see, the entire strap is black save for a small diamond shaped logo.

IMG_1435.JPG

And here is my contender. Brand name is Rotosound.

It's difficult to fully see the logo in the still, and this is the best look we ever get of it.

Thoughts?

BritishFilmGeek

Just a Couple pics to show off the one I own, now with screen acurate strap (I hope)

IMG_1439.JPGIMG_1440.JPG

Now all I need is the amp

Scarfwearer

If you follow the prop database link at the top of the topic it will lead you to Deck5's amazing 3D render of the modded amp. He'd probably be able to advise with regard to what it would take to mod the original amp to look like the Magpie version.

rob49152

This is actually the amp in question
750-Mustang1V2_detail3.jpg

It has the 5 rotary knobs on the top left and the 3 regular knobs on the right.

88197_zpso0dfp59d.png

and one of my renders
IPR_image2_1.jpg

davidnagel

Always outstanding renders Rob, even for the simplistic things.
Regards
David

BritishFilmGeek

Jul 29, 2018, 12:00 am #22 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2018, 12:34 am by BritishFilmGeek
Another Bit of Info. As-well as the Fender Amp that's already been identified, there was also another Amp Featured, this one was seen in "Twice Upon a Time"
(I meant to discuss this ages ago but couldn't find a decent image until now)

Magpie Vox Amp.jpg

the top part seems to be a Vox AC15C1 (i counted the lattice spacing's and this seemed the best match). Vox logo replaced by a magpie logo, and some extra greeblies and do-dads added to the top and side.

The bottom part is a bass speaker, but so far I've not found an exact match. Also a magpie logo added but that appears to be the only change that can be confirmed without ID-ing the Unit

Rassilons Rod

Yes its definitely an extension cab of some description, not another amp.

The speakers, at a guess, look to be 10 or 12 inch, normal for guitar cabs - so not necessarily bass speakers. :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tannim

Sep 08, 2018, 10:56 pm #24 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2018, 08:11 pm by tannim
Quote from: BritishFilmGeek on Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 am

And here is my contender. Brand name is Rotosound.

It's difficult to fully see the logo in the still, and this is the best look we ever get of it.

Thoughts?

Yup, that's the correct one. I have that strap for mine and Peter confirmed it was the correct one for me when he was playing my guitar.Peter_Guitar.jpg

warmcanofcoke

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916755&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30
QuoteFor Hell Bent, we needed a new guitar for Peter - can't remember why. I remember he wanted something different to his Yamaha from UTL, but it had to have a tremolo. As the only person on the team who knew guitars I remembered he used to play a Gibson SG in The Dreamboys, so I got to pitch the Epiphone version of that with an aftermarket Bigbsy attachment.
Bigbsy.jpgBigbsy.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.