Apr 25, 2024, 07:03 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Crich Police Box Windows

Started by Bob's your Uncle, Jul 13, 2016, 05:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob's your Uncle

Jul 13, 2016, 05:31 am Last Edit: Jul 13, 2016, 05:31 am by Bob's your Uncle
I know that I've seen this answered on here somewhere, but now I can't find it.
Please point me in the right direction, if you would.

How many of the Crich box windows opened (and which ones)?

I'm starting to plan the next step in my TARDIS build and can't decide if I'm brave enough to make opening windows out of wood.
I'm wondering if the thin pieces of wood would end up warping. And, do I really want to create an easy place for a potential water leak?
More work, more hardware, more money.

But I'd have authentic windows! ;D ;D

Any thoughts?
Greg.
"Listen. All I have to do is dive into another dimension, find the time traveler, help her escape the monster, get home before the entire dimension collapses, and Bob's your Uncle."

'Hide'  S07 E09

galacticprobe

Jul 13, 2016, 05:39 am #1 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2016, 05:39 am by galacticprobe
Greg, I would start here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5555.0. Matt has done so much research into the Crich box for his Crich replica that if it's not mentioned in his Build Diary, then he would know and I'm sure if you posted this question in his Diary, or sent him a PM, he would answer that for you.

I hope this helps.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

hb88banzai

Aug 11, 2016, 06:32 am #2 Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016, 06:36 am by hb88banzai
Short answer -

As a typical Mark 4, all of the Crich Box's windows were originally designed to open inward from the top (hopper style) for ventilationm except those in the front (in the main door and in the front wall above the phone door), which were fixed.

Here's a chart of all the iterations known to date:

Met_&_Glasgow_Window_Ventilation_Plans-Full_Size_Chart-(compressed)-AutoReduced.jpg

And here's a chart showing all the (as built) window variations among the various Marks:

Met_&_Glasgow_Window_Pane_Pattern_Elevations-Reduced_Size_Chart.jpg