Apr 26, 2024, 08:24 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Sonic Trowel

Started by 13drwho, Jun 25, 2016, 11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

This prop is going to be a Christmas gift for my Mother, so I needed suitable packaging. This is the box graphic I came up with. I like little touches like this on a present. Take a look and let me know what you think.

sonic trowel label.jpg

galacticprobe

Oct 16, 2016, 04:36 am #16 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2016, 04:47 am by galacticprobe
I love it! I think your mother is going to get a kick out of that. (And just in case someone from outside the Forum sees this and decides to do some not-so-nice things with the graphics, maybe you could consider adding a blurb in that lower right corner, inside the picture of the trowel on the stand where it will be hard to remove, that said something like "Doctor Who copyright BBC/BBC Wales. This item is for personal use and no copyright infringement is intended or implied.")

Better safe than sorry; if someone steals that image and starts selling replicas they made and using your art for their packaging, if the BBC Legal team gets hold of them, you can bet those no-goods will point the finger back towards you, just like that guy did when he got caught selling greetings cards with a top-notch TARDIS replica on the front; he pointed the finger to the Facebook page of the person that actually built the TARDIS replica and posted a "beauty shot" of the Old Girl. Greeting Card guy told BBC Legal that he got the image from the guy that actually "stole" the TARDIS image from the BBC, and it took months of back and forth between the builder and BBC Legal with him showing the BBC all of the building steps for his replica before the BBC left him alone. No word on what happened to Greeting Card guy, but it would still be a good idea to put some sort of disclaimer on your image to prevent something like that from happening with your artwork.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"