News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Worshipful and Ancient Law of Gallifrey

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Jun 18, 2016, 04:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

Jun 18, 2016, 04:38 pm Last Edit: Dec 17, 2016, 12:52 am by warmcanofcoke
13473839_10154326029149319_385033390_n.jpg

"I swear to protect the ancient Law of Gallifrey with all my might and brain. I will to the end of my days with justice and with honour temper my actions and my thoughts."

A book I made a while ago from scrap wood and old leatherette stuff. Finally decided on a symbol for the cover and quite by chance  prop was born... better than the original Shada version I dare say, just one of those Reader's Digest volumes from the look of it lol.

I don't care what people say, I like season 17 a lot and Shada is one of my all-time favorite stories  :P
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

The14thDr

This looks awesome!! :o :o Where did you get that Seal of Rassilon from? Also, do the pages have any writing on them, or are they all blank?

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Cardinal Hordriss

Thank you.

I've had several of the seals for a while, I bought them on eBay, they were sold as coasters and I knew they'd come in handy sooner or later.

The pages are blank at the moment but I do have the font for the text inside... the problem is the pages aren't a specific size like A5 or A4 so printing might be tricky.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

The14thDr

Thanks for the info CardinalHordriss. I have an acrylic seal of rassilon that I've been saving for a special project, but there are a few things I would like a Seal for, so the coasters sound like a really good idea (thinking outside the box, which is ironic, because the box in question is bigger on the inside :P)

If the pages in your book are smaller than A5, you would still get away with printing 2 pages on an A4 sheet of paper (or 4 if you print on both sides).

Either way, this is still a great prop that looks absolutely fantastic. ;D

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Cardinal Hordriss

Thanks again.

The pages are about 15cm x 23cm.

I'll see how it goes, the text isn't the important part anyway, it's the book itself which is the key to Shada...

galacticprobe

Jun 19, 2016, 04:31 pm #5 Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 04:31 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jun 18, 2016, 06:15 pm
The pages are blank at the moment but I do have the font for the text inside...

Great-looking prop, CH! I can't wait to see how you embellish this one! I also see that you mention the font for the text. Can you say what the name of the font is? With so many fonts used in 'Doctor Who' (on the TARDIS prop, on the "I.M. Foreman" gates, book covers, pages, etc.) it would be nice to know the name of this font, so we could add it to the names of the fonts that we've IDed already.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Cardinal Hordriss

Thank you.

The font is called Old High Gallifreyan and I've seen another version called Archaic Gallifreyan. Google either name and they are on page 1.

galacticprobe

Jun 20, 2016, 08:25 pm #7 Last Edit: Jun 20, 2016, 08:25 pm by galacticprobe
Thanks, CH! I've already got the "Archaic Gallifreyan" font on my PC. (And I keep meaning to put a copy of it on my Mac.) I'll definitely search for the "Old High Gallifreyan", and I'm sure other members are already searching for it!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Dec 17, 2016, 12:43 am #8 Last Edit: Dec 17, 2016, 12:47 am by Davros Skaro
Here are some pics I took from the DVD that might help someone.

NDVD_056.jpg
NDVD_058.jpg
NDVD_059.jpg
NDVD_070.jpg
NDVD_071.jpg
Chris.