Apr 18, 2024, 12:04 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2013 TARDIS Console replica

Started by davidnagel, Jun 07, 2016, 09:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Someone has been very busy!

And looks like he's beaten Primodo to the punch on this one! It looks VERY good.
Regards
David

BioDoctor900

He's certainly doing a good job, and he's used my videos for his screen  ;D glad they are coming in handy

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

Jun 08, 2016, 04:34 am #2 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2016, 04:34 am by galacticprobe
Not a bad job. He didn't mention in that video what scale his console is; did he mention it in any of the other vids he made while building it? (Justin's is an 80 percent-size, according to the measurements he's mentioned using.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The14thDr

davidnagel, do you have the URL for this video? The embedded version isn't working for me; when I click the play button, it just opens up a blank tab and doesn't play the video.

Technical issues aside, from the thumbnail that looks like a really great replica!
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Jun 08, 2016, 06:52 am #4 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2016, 06:52 am by galacticprobe
Try this one, 14th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1oekXx9zjE

It's the direct URL. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to try something else.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The14thDr

Jun 08, 2016, 02:09 pm #5 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2016, 02:09 pm by The14thDr
Thanks Dino, that link works perfectly. That is one beautiful TARDIS console and room!! I only wish that the creator had been a member of this forum during the build process.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

davidnagel

Jan 13, 2017, 09:47 pm #6 Last Edit: Jan 13, 2017, 09:49 pm by davidnagel
Well Paul is finally done and it looks fantastic!

2.jpg

Peculiar placement for a cyberman though...

A longer preview can be found here:

Regards
David

galacticprobe

Jan 14, 2017, 06:48 am #7 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017, 06:49 am by galacticprobe
Wow... what else is there to say other than... well... WOW! :o He really has been hard at work on this. He really did an amazing job with everything. (Odd place for a Cyberman, I agree, and I'd get the heebie-jeebies every time I had to walk in under that thing... sort of like, for me, walking into a shed knowing that, to get inside, I had to pass under a tarantula's cargo net with the largest tarantula ever on it!)

This makes me wonder how Justin is coming along with his console build. (I know we don't rush people, but just a quick "No progress since last update" would be good enough... just letting us know that all is still well with him.)

This one is definitely worthy of an Envy(small).jpg

Beautifully done!

Dino.

seanclarke1

Hello all,

This shed has been entered into the Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year 2017.

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/share.cfm?shedtype=Unique

This effort should be used in the show.  It certainly gets my vote.

Best regards,
Sean Clarke.

galacticprobe

Jan 15, 2017, 05:52 am #9 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017, 05:52 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: seanclarke1 on Jan 14, 2017, 07:03 pm
This effort should be used in the show.  It certainly gets my vote.

Interesting web site, and loads of interesting sheds. (But let's face it; what can beat a TARDIS shed? Only a TARDIS shed that really is bigger on the inside and can move about through time and space!)

Are you able to vote on your favorite? I couldn't find any voting buttons. (Or is this a UK-only vote contest?)

Dino.

seanclarke1

Hello Dino,

In the past the Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year was decided completely by the public then in 2015 it changed so the four sheds in each category is picked by the programme makers and the public are now asked to vote for their favorite out of these.

The selection is presented around March and the programme transmitted up to six months later with the results.

Best regards,
Sean.

galacticprobe

Jan 17, 2017, 08:19 am #11 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2017, 08:19 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: seanclarke1 on Jan 15, 2017, 04:05 pm
...the four sheds in each category is picked by the programme makers and the public are now asked to vote for their favorite out of these.

Well, when your shed is in the Final Four, be sure to let us know what the link is so we can vote!

Dino.

The14thDr

The closing date for entries is the 15th of May, so hopefully we'll find out within the next couple of weeks or so whether this made it to the shortlist.

If it does, it definitely gets my vote!

seanclarke1

Hello All,

The competition finalists have been chosen.  I have cast my vote.

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/?type=Pub/Entertainment

Best regards,
Sean Clarke.

The14thDr

Excellent, I know which one will be getting my vote. ;)

If I remember correctly, regardless of whether or not it wins, this shed will be showcased on the program since it made it to the top 4 for its category. Should be fun to watch when it airs.