Apr 19, 2024, 10:32 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Russell's Black Dalek

Started by russellsuthern, May 21, 2016, 08:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

Hi all.

So at last it is time for me to showcase my custom Black Dalek build.
I started taking photos in the full light of the afternoon sun, then as it got progressively darker I switched on my TARDIS & Dalek lights on & got some very colourful shots!
Hope you enjoy!

s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpgs6.jpgs7.jpgs8.jpgs9.jpgs10.jpgs11.jpgs12.jpgs13.jpgs14.jpgs15.jpgs16.jpgs17.jpgs18.jpg

Thanks to all on TARDISbuilders who helped me with advice & encouragement.

All the best,

Russell

LMC97

Oh no, the Daleks have the TARDIS surrounded. But in all seriousness, it looks really REALLY fantastic and those photos kind of make me think they are from an episode. So must say that it is a great build. Well done.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

davidnagel

Wow!

Peter Cushing is going to pop out of that box any minute!
Regards
David

galacticprobe

May 22, 2016, 06:48 am #3 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:49 am by galacticprobe
I think LMC and David have said it all! (Although I think if Peter Cushing was smart enough, he'd stay hidden in that TARDIS until the Dalek wandered off.)

Wow! What an amazing build, and amazing photos to match!

Bravo, my friend; bravo!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Thanks guys!

I had great fun putting the photo gallery together, it was really interesting to see how the pics changed as the evening got darker, so I'm really pleased you like them.
I wasn't too sure about the colour scheme I chose at first, but now I'm really happy with it. I think he is a nice blend of the two movie Daleks & the TV series Daleks, too, which is exactly the look I was aiming for!
I just hope he doesn't suffer from an identity crisis!

Cheers,

Russell

russellsuthern

Jul 18, 2016, 01:33 pm #5 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2016, 01:33 pm by russellsuthern
Hi all.

Hope nobody minds my adding a couple of extra pics to my showcase gallery, but I was quite pleased with these ones & thought I'd share...

20160714_122556~2.jpg
20160714_203058~3.jpg

All the best,

Russell

superrichi1a

My jaw just hit the floor! An incredible Dalek with an incredible TARDIS!!
I love the way the gloss black reflects, the way the lights glow and that eye is very menacing!
More glory shots please!!!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

The14thDr

Quote from: russellsuthern on Jul 18, 2016, 01:33 pm
Hi all.

Hope nobody minds my adding a couple of extra pics to my showcase gallery, but I was quite pleased with these ones & thought I'd share...

Do we mind?! Do we mind?!?! Of course not!! To quote Dino, We love photos!!! ;D ;D Post as many beauty shots as you like, those are two Daleks to be proud of!

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Jul 18, 2016, 07:37 pm #8 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2016, 07:38 pm by galacticprobe
Well said, 14th! And well done with the Dalek and photos, Russell! (We can never have too many beauty shots, especially when there is so much scenery all around just waiting for a Dalek to appear in it to have its photo taken... as it terrifies all small children within eyeshot! ;D ;D ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Thanks as always, guys.

Rich, great to hear from you. Hope work isn't keeping you too busy & you are able to get some work done on that awesome console of yours!

14th... I'm really enjoying your TARDIS console thread. Keep up the good work! (You know I'll be expecting to see a cardboard Dalek from you once that's finished!)

Dino... You are right, Daleks always look great out & about with different interesting backgrounds. I keep thinking about taking mine out to meet the big wide world, but I'm so worried about them getting damaged that I always bottle it at the last minute!
I'm hoping that someone will organize a sequel to the event held a few years ago when they tried to have the most number of Daleks ever in one place. I think an event of that magnitude would shake even me out of my lethargy!!!

All the best,
Russell

The14thDr

Thank you russellsuthern! :D :D It's funny you should mention a cardboard Dalek ;) I started building the fender base a few weeks ago, but I've put the project on hold until I finish the console room. Seeing your two beauties has inspired me to start again before I get too far ahead with my 2005-style Ironside, and maybe build one of the Classic style Daleks. ;D

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Jul 21, 2016, 04:59 pm #11 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016, 04:59 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: russellsuthern on Jul 20, 2016, 05:31 pm
I'm hoping that someone will organize a sequel to the event held a few years ago when they tried to have the most number of Daleks ever in one place.

Russell, have you checked over on the Project Dalek Forum? Maybe someone over there could be motivated to spearhead something like that: maybe even have all those Daleks queuing up across that bridge like they did once. (I think those were model Daleks, but it would be fascinating to see it done with full-scale Daleks!)

Dino.

russellsuthern

Hi Dino,

Yeah, I'm pretty active over on PDF.
There is a section devoted to shows that Daleks can go to, but nothing that big being planned at the moment.
There was some talk a while back of doing a joint UK/USA show to see which country could get the most full sized Daleks together. The two shows would be connected via a video link & the looser buys the beers!
Unfortunately nothing came of it, but it's no surprise really. Having organised events in the past, I know just how difficult & time consuming it is. Imagine how problematic it would be trying to get 60-70+ Daleks together- not a job I'd like to take on!!
I have no doubt an event like this will be staged one day, after all, getting loads of Daleks together just looks really cool!

BTW: The iconic line of Daleks gliding over Westminster bridge has been recreated a few times, most notably for the documentry "30 years in the TARDIS" & more recently "An adventure in Space & Time."

Cheers,

Russell

russellsuthern

Jul 09, 2017, 08:23 pm #13 Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 08:34 pm by russellsuthern
Hi all.

So, I was bored & took some more Daleky pics the other day....
Daleks always look better shot from below, maybe it's because that's how we see them when we're little kids...
So I thought I'd try some low angles. Hope you like...

Kaled1.jpg     Kaled2.jpg

Kaled3.jpg

Kaled4.jpg

Kaled13.jpg

Kaled15.jpg

On one of my shots the camera didn't focus properly, creating a very interesting effect....

EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT!!!!!!!

Kaled25.jpg  Kaled26.jpg

Hours of fun!!

Regards to one & all,

Russell

galacticprobe

Jul 10, 2017, 05:40 am #14 Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017, 05:41 am by galacticprobe
That "Emergency Temporal Shift" photo is perfect, Russell! Very serendipitous. I'd almost bet that if you tried to get that photo to turn out like that, you wouldn't have been able to! (Isn't that how things like this always work? :D)

Dino.