Apr 18, 2024, 07:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Hartnell Console Replica Project

Started by davidnagel, May 11, 2016, 11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

May 11, 2016, 11:25 pm Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:29 am by davidnagel
Ok, with all these fantastically built Hartnell consoles going around, I thought I'd have a go! But by no means will mine compare... afterall, there's no harming in trying!

Mission Statement: make Hartnell facelift for the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=572

This console's modular nature allows the panels to come right off and leave the rest of the shell, so it wouldn't hurt to make brand new panels for it.  Fortunately, given Tony Farrell's extensive research on the original Hartnell console, I can see that this console has a very close resemblance to Tony's measurements.  This should make sourcing and creating parts far more easier than I originally intended - no need to rescale/rebuild everything etc... much. The original Hartnell console is still slightly bigger but it isn't so far off that it'd look odd.

So...watch this space...
Regards
David

BioDoctor900

It will be interesting to see how you do this considering the Hartnell console is the minty green colour and your Tom Baker console is silver, theoretically you'd have to make a whole new console

BioDoctor900

davidnagel

Quote from: BioDoctor900 on May 26, 2017, 10:07 am
It will be interesting to see how you do this considering the Hartnell console is the minty green colour and your Tom Baker console is silver, theoretically you'd have to make a whole new console

BioDoctor900

Don't make me hurt you.

I has plans you know...
Regards
David

troughtonstrousers

I can help further if you like :)

davidnagel

Quote from: troughtonstrousers on May 26, 2017, 11:00 am

I think you've done more than enough as it is!
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss

Haven't you only just had 4th Doctorish improvements made to that awesome console?
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

May 27, 2017, 05:44 am #6 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:45 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: BioDoctor900 on May 26, 2017, 10:07 am
...theoretically you'd have to make a whole new console

Quote from: davidnagel on May 26, 2017, 10:10 am
Don't make me hurt you.

Quote from: troughtonstrousers on May 26, 2017, 11:00 am

Quote from: davidnagel on May 26, 2017, 11:18 am
I think you've done more than enough as it is!

Reminds me of one of my family reunions. Yep... just one big happy family! It's why I love this place and keep coming back to it. We are one huge family, and this proves it! ;D ;D ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on May 26, 2017, 09:59 pm
Haven't you only just had 4th Doctorish improvements made to that awesome console?

Haven't really started them to be honest!

I'll break down how the thing fits together at some point, show how easy it can take the guise of various other consoles.

troughtontrousers has been very generous is advising and providing bits and pieces he has used for his own console to allow me to get started on this one. I just need to cut panels and get stuck in really!
Regards
David

davidnagel

So it finally looks like I'm doing something about this...

25436293_10159781606575374_1175961345_n.jpg

Thanks to troughtontrousers for his help with this so far.
Regards
David

troughtonstrousers

It's been a pleasure
If you need anymore I've got more moulding stuff :)

elkad

Quote from: davidnagel on Dec 16, 2017, 02:33 am
So it finally looks like I'm doing something about this...

Quote: "I'm Finally Getting Something Done HA AH!" "Warriors Gate"
Just popped in my head.  ;D

davidnagel

Still slow going but these just arrived...

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-28 at 12.55.38.jpeg
Regards
David

galacticprobe

Dec 28, 2017, 06:25 pm #12 Last Edit: Dec 28, 2017, 06:25 pm by galacticprobe
Wow! :o Those meters are beautiful, David! Not only from a 'Who' Brachacki console viewpoint, but also from my electronics background viewpoint. I love seeing things like this. Where in the galaxy did you find those?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

troughtonstrousers

Yes David where did you get those?

BioDoctor900

And he wonders why he's never got any money to finish the console in its current state  ;D ::)

But they are pretty

BioDoctor900