Mar 29, 2024, 12:22 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Crich photos

Started by chriskingbees, Jun 26, 2009, 01:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Avadh

They have certainly done alot of landscaping it looks as though the box is in a different location. Its good to see the box standing tall and proud and back in all its glory.

mordrogyn

What happened to the St. John's ambulance badge?
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

chriskingbees

Paul, I'm glad you asked. The Crich box has never had a St. John's Ambulance badge, well, since it was taken out of service. For the one thing, the door is inside out. The badge in the photo that I posted, was one of mine that I bluetacked on for effect, when I was there last year :)

KB

anson

I quite like the concrete splashed all over the place ::)

lorisarvendu

I'm definitely going to visit the tram museum in the next few months, when the weather gets better, so I shall definitely be taking photos of the old girl - despite the derisive comments I will be getting from my other half.  Luckily I will have a 7-year old female Dr Who fan with me as my backup!

I'll let the group know nearer the time if anyone wants particular measurements taking (like depth of panels etc).

-Dave

Rassilons Rod

Why on earth have they rehung the door backwards? :(
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Benam

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 15, 2010, 01:25 pm
Why on earth have they rehung the door backwards? :(

Others on this board know better than I, so please correct me if I am wrong.

To the best of my knowledge, the door had been hung like that for as long as it had been at Critch.  When the box was restored a few years ago it was restored to the condition in which it had been, rather then how it should be.  It does look rather silly like that.  :-\
See you 'round the vortex,
Benam

Rassilons Rod

But I am sure that I have seen a pic of it hung with the panels facing outwards...
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

chriskingbees

This is one of the oldest pictures I can find:

crich old.jpg

KB

the_doctor

Its a shame it wasn't rectified when the restoration was being carried out...

whitestar2010

Shame also that the colour is so wrong :O(
Something that can of course be easily corrected. Maybe now that the lower half of the box is covered in concrete from the recent addition of a new base this will happen - but I doubt it. KB maybe you could pop round with a brush and sort it for us :O) It would look so lovely in the right blue!

the_doctor

We shouldn't gripe too much though.  It's just damn good that the box was saved!

:)

whitestar2010

Image request. In hope I'm wondering does anybody have a real close up image of the police box/post diary mounted behind plastic inside this box. I'm after a good shot of the label on the front if the diary. Any help with this would be brilliant and hugely appreciated.

starcross

Sep 06, 2010, 07:56 pm #59 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 08:04 pm by starcross
Its been long over due that I thrown my photos into the mix.

I was there the May 30th 2010 as a lucky break while I was in the UK. We had to travel to London from Edinburgh and I happened to convince my Partner to take a slightly longer way around so we could stop in Crich to see this box. And that is where my dreams started to go into nightmare mode.

It was raining buckets when we got off the moterway to go to Crich, and it was very close to closing time as well. In fact the place was just about closed and locked up but I went doctoring anyway! Lucky no one seems to bother you if you walk around with confidence, its a good trick I learned from The Doctor himself.

However once inside the museum grounds and closer to the box, I found the Police Box behind a fence! It was surrounded on all sides because they had just that afternoon completed the new asphalting. I took the best reference photos I could being stuck 20 meters away.

I did mess with the Police Post by the Tram shed more though. Did you know that the telephone inside that Post works, but I'm not sure if its for internal museum use or not. In any case it has a dial tone when you pick up the handset.

This does seem to be a place the Doctor would land the Tardis eh?
4961527631_6473265330_z.jpg

A close up of the fresnel lens. This was taken from the driveway up that little hill from behind the fence. Someone else should give it a go in brighter weather we may get clearer photos that way. Although only if the foliage doesn't grow too much and hide the view. Mind you someone could scramble up that hill on the museum side of the fence and get some photos anyway dispute the foliage.

As an aside has anyone else ever notice that huge crack in the Frensel glass?

4962174118_f5a2f01fd0_z.jpg

4962178738_4d2c93eeb7_z.jpg

4961598203_49f918c326_z.jpg

As always larger sizes available on my Flickr Photostream.

Cheers,

~Starcross