News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Capaldi/Smith box.

Started by colly56, Mar 17, 2016, 10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jorwick

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Mar 31, 2016, 12:01 pm
Fantastic looking box you have there!

I feel your pain with regards to the weather proofing, it took me years to get my roof sealed. I found layers of rubberised paint on top of the filled joints worked best...

Can I ask what made you opt for the doors opening outwards?

I actually had really good luck with the "poor man's fiberglass"  -- glued and painted canvas. Its nice and water tight and water beads and runs off of it pretty easily...

colly56

Idris: "What does it say on my door?"

Doctor: "Pull to open"

Idris: "And what do you do? Push. Everyone knows police box doors open outwards."

colly56

Mar 31, 2016, 09:19 pm #32 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2016, 09:20 pm by colly56
We have spooky night lights now. Maybe it would be more effective with the flash off.

n02 crop.jpg

galacticprobe

Apr 01, 2016, 06:47 am #33 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2016, 06:48 am by galacticprobe
I don't know. I kind of like how that photo looks. The lighting inside the windows is very apt for a Smith Series 7b console room.

And for that dialogue - which Neil Gaiman said he developed the entire story around the lines:

Doctor- "You never took me where I wanted to go."
Idris/TARDIS- "No, but I always took you where you needed to go!"

The one thing I would have changed is when Idris/TARDIS says "Everyone knows police box doors open out the way", I would have had the Doctor say "Then why did you configure them to open inwards?"

That has to be one of my favorite episodes.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

colly56

Apr 08, 2016, 07:36 pm #34 Last Edit: Apr 08, 2016, 07:42 pm by colly56
Oh God she's gone. I heard this whooshing sound in the night and thought I'd dreamt it. got up this morning, no Tardis.

The neighbours said they saw a white haired old man and his granddaughter hanging around it.

Real explanation to follow. it involves a Tardis's real life worst enemy. Any guesses?

paint01.jpg

Rassilons Rod

Oh dear Lord.... not wood rot?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

colly56

Here he is on my cctv. Here's the old bugger wot nicked it.

image.jpeg

Bob's your Uncle

Apr 09, 2016, 12:39 am #37 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2016, 12:39 am by Bob's your Uncle
Quote from: colly56 on Apr 08, 2016, 07:36 pm
it involves a Tardis's real life worst enemy. Any guesses?

The Master?
"Listen. All I have to do is dive into another dimension, find the time traveler, help her escape the monster, get home before the entire dimension collapses, and Bob's your Uncle."

'Hide'  S07 E09

rob49152

galacticprobe

Apr 09, 2016, 06:05 am #39 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2016, 06:06 am by galacticprobe
Yeah... I wish I could say it was me; but not this time. (Maybe next... ;D)

Dino.
P. S. Already read the other post as to the reason which is why I'm not guessing here.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

colly56

Aug 11, 2016, 05:38 pm #40 Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016, 05:51 pm by colly56
DSC03927.JPG
Well she's back. Three months stripping and repainting. This time; primed, dark grey undercoated and spirit based gloss. No varnish. I know Tardis's's's's are generally not shiny but this is not the doctors Tardis , it's my Tardis and I quite like the gloss. Well I like it a lot more than weak water based satin falling off. She's had a bit of rain, not like we had in April, but she's definitely waterproof now, expanding foam between the roof and signboxes.
I told people she was "in space" I'd fall about laughing, nobody else did.

colly56

colly56

open doors.jpg
I know lots of people photoshop their Tardis with the doors open and they look great, but I thought it might be helpful to show the practical use I've put mine to, and why of course "my" doors open outwards.

colly56

DSC03951.JPG
And here she is with the lights on. Party inside the Tardis tonight?

davidnagel

All I can say is... wow
Regards
David