New, New TardisBuilders!

New Exterior Prop for Matt?

Started by ulsteredz, Mar 02, 2009, 01:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

anita

Aug 08, 2009, 12:49 am #135 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:05 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: zbignievhamson on Jul 22, 2009, 07:38 pm

Well feel free to disagree, but no need to call it daft it's only an opinion :p

I personally think it's daft to think that what the TARDIS looks like is the be-all and end-all of Doctor Who. It's usually only seen at the beginning and end of a story, it's not even featured in some stories at all. As much as I (obviously) love it, there's a lot more to the show than the TARDIS, and certainly a lot more than what shape the TARDIS takes.
It could even survive a change of theme tune really :p

Doctor Who without a Police Box shaped Tardis and a different theme tune would quite simply cease to be Doctor Who for 99.9% of the people that watch it.
It would make this forum pretty complicated too - 13 new Tardis designs every season...

Darksyde

Sep 10, 2009, 03:43 pm #136 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:05 pm by scarfwearer
I rather like that you can make out the wood grain. Gives it a nice look to my eye. Though I imagine once I see it in an episode I won't be able to knowtice.

lorisarvendu

Sep 22, 2009, 10:20 am #137 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:05 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: graybags34 on Jul 23, 2009, 12:56 amIt looks to me as if the corner posts and the architrave are chunkier?
Plus some extra detailing at the top of the posts?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/SmRgwillljI/AAAAAAAAIAE/7WAh8bffV0I/s1600-h/s5filming5.jpg

Overall a definite improvement.

If only they would have made the panels oblong and not keen on the almost flourescent wood grain from some of the photos!

I quite like what I've seen of the new design.  In particular it's got rid of those horrible posts, you know the way it's sort of cut-out around the edges of the signs.  Also it looks more "Tardisy" than the old NST to me.

As far as the new interior, I hope the papers don't get hold of a pic and spoil it for us.  There's always a lot of fan-based attempts to design alternate console rooms, but they're always derivative of what's gone before.  However I think the new console room in 2005 was a huge surprise to everyone, and nobody could ever have guessed what a radical departure it was.  Even the TV Movie set was arguably descended from consoles of old, whereas Eccleston's console room was just so-o-o different and so original.

I hope the new design is as original and refreshing as the 2005 one was, and I for one can't wait. 

kiwidoc

Sep 22, 2009, 07:36 pm #138 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:06 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: lorisarvendu on Sep 22, 2009, 10:20 am

I quite like what I've seen of the new design.  In particular it's got rid of those horrible posts, you know the way it's sort of cut-out around the edges of the signs.   

I'm afraid those are still there from what I can make out - look at the top of the posts in the pic above and you'll see where those cut-out thing bits stop near the top.  The pictures seen so far may not have captured full details yet..

slidin_sidewayz

Oct 23, 2009, 11:40 pm #139 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:06 pm by scarfwearer
AAAARRRRGGGHH!!!! I hate it!! It looks too new!! It's been zooming around the time/space continuum for at least 900 years, it'd HAVE to look all beat up! As for the whole "growing a new one" idea, it looks like too much of a hodge-podge of previous TARDIS's blended together already! By all means go back to the original Hartnell box! But yet again, too many new faces wanna stamp their own names on our beloved show and do it their way. White frames? The St Johns badge? Man, they're messing with an icon... again.
Not happy.

kiwidoc

Oct 29, 2009, 05:41 am #140 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:06 pm by scarfwearer
Rumour has it there is a story where the 10 TARDIS later changes into the 11 TARDIS so this is probalby the 10 part of that story.

masteriii

Nov 07, 2009, 07:49 pm #141 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:07 pm by scarfwearer
I love the police box shape; however, I do see how fixing the chameleon circuit would make for some interesting plot developments.  I don't mean have a new Tardis shape every week, but certain plots needing an interesting shape might add to the story lines...especially if the Tardis needs to be hidden for whatever reason and she decides that she doesn't want to be that shape and changes back to the police box shape we all know and love, there by exposing herself to detection.  However, regardless of what the outside looks like, I would love to see more of the inside of the Tardis this series.  I grew up during the Peter Davidson years and it seemed like we saw more of the inside of the Tardis during that time then any other time in the show.  So far in the new series we have only had hints at how gargantuan and labyrinthine the Tardis really is.  Other than that I look forward to the wardrobe scene.  Those were always my favorite scenes right after the regeneration when the Doctor tries out all the various clothes to find just the right one.

Fardels Bear

Jan 07, 2010, 12:32 pm #142 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:07 pm by scarfwearer
That looks pretty cool actually. You get a better idea of the proportions than the publicity shots that appeared in the newspapers at the back end of last year.  Window dividers still aren't thick enough though ;)
"Does he still have that rubbish beard?"

karsthotep

Jan 07, 2010, 03:49 pm #143 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:08 pm by scarfwearer
I love Chamelonic Shift, I use it to explain all of the different versions of the TARDIS. 

I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

ThisJustinOnline

Jan 09, 2010, 02:27 am #144 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 04:14 pm by Scarfwearer
Looking good to me!

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg