Mar 28, 2024, 08:13 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis Sounds/Tardis Builders

Started by type55tardis, Feb 26, 2010, 12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

type55tardis

Feb 26, 2010, 12:26 pm Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 05:45 pm by Scarfwearer
I Have renamed the group from Tardis Builders to Tardis sounds,any one wishing to join please do,theres a lot of Tardis sound effects on the site already please feel free to download them.I will be concentrating on videos and sound effects so that members can use it as a sound effects library http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TardisSounds/join
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

deck5

Really, why?  What purpose would a yahoo group serve that this forum doesn't already?

type55tardis

Because it Might be a bit of Fun ,which is what all these groups are about,and to allow members to upload short fan videos and pictures.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

lorisarvendu

Quote from: type55tardis on Feb 27, 2010, 08:10 am
Because it Might be a bit of Fun ,which is what all these groups are about,and to allow members to upload short fan videos and pictures.

I'm afraid I'll pass up, because as deck5 pointed out, you can already do that in this group. If everyone from this forum moved over to your Yahoo Group it would just be replicating the same thing on both groups - which is a situation I believe this group was created to resolve.  There was already a Tardis Builders and a Tardis Rebuilders forum, which both had the same members, so I doubt if anyone here would want to go back to that state again.

However you will probably get some completely new members on a Yahoo group (mostly DW fans trawling the groups for the word "TARDIS"), so worth sticking with it.

-Dave

type55tardis

Thanks for the reply Dave,obviously being new to this site I had no idea that two forums had existed in the past and I can see that the replication would be pointless . I have to say that this site is excellent and I had no intention of competing with it,my site is just for posting pics and vids  etc ...

Peter

type55tardis

Hi Members,Ive changed the link to my Yahoo group to Tardis sounds ,Ive uploaded some Tardis sound effects to it so please feel free to use them , the sites in the links section.

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: type55tardis on Mar 14, 2010, 11:38 am
Hi Members,Ive changed the link to my Yahoo group to Tardis sounds ,Ive uploaded some Tardis sound effects to it so please feel free to use them , the sites in the links section.

Awesome, thanks! :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type55tardis

Ive uploaded more sounds to the yahoo site,please feel free to use them.

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: type55tardis on Feb 28, 2010, 06:13 am
obviously being new to this site I had no idea that two forums had existed in the past

Yeah, and they were both linked to this site until a few days ago (i suspect deletion -- BLAME THE NEW SERIES CYBERMEN!!).  Anyways, through them is how I first found this site, and they did have a lot of (now lost) posts.
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

Scarfwearer

The two proboards sites are both still there.
I removed the links from the header on this site, as everything on those sites is reachable through the archive links on the topics here.
Don't worry we're not going to delete that amazing history.

Crispin

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: Scarfwearer on Mar 15, 2010, 06:55 pm
The two proboards sites are both still there.
I removed the links from the header on this site, as everything on those sites is reachable through the archive links on the topics here.
Don't worry we're not going to delete that amazing history.

Crispin

Oh good *lets out huge sigh of relief*
There are quite alot of excellent posts there, and they look much better in their original glory.
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

galacticprobe

Oct 05, 2014, 05:44 am #11 Last Edit: Oct 05, 2014, 05:51 am by galacticprobe
Not sure who that person is, but there are more, and better, sounds on the "TARDIS Sounds Yahoo! Group", which was started by one of our members a while ago. Not much discussion going on there, but it's a great place to get sounds in WAV and MP3 formats, and they can be downloaded from the "Files" section as individual files. You do have to join the Group to access the sections, but it's a free sign-up. (In fact, you'll find the link to that in the first post in this thread.)

That site was never intended to draw members away from TARDIS Builders - as first thought - but rather a place for people to upload and download TARDIS sounds, some fan vids, and such. And while Youtube has pretty much been the place for fan vids, it's still a lot easier to download sounds from the Yahoo site (and we don't host sounds here, which is why the Yahoo! Group was created).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"