Mar 01, 2024, 09:02 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Kenneth Sharp Tardis Console

Started by tony farrell, Jan 05, 2016, 02:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

karsthotep

This is a very comprehensive ebook, so I think most if not all of your questions will be answered.   The telepathic circuits are addressed in this ebook as are all the components that were moved/re-used between the Brachacki and the Sharp consoles.   Having an advanced copy of the ebook I can tell you that the TC's were a re-used item and not recreated for the sharp console.     Regardless its not long now and we don't want to spoil the ebook for you.   This is much more comprehensive and detailed that what would have been published in the Annual had that not gone south.   Significantly longer.

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

Angelus Lupus

It's the level of collaboration, co-operation and shared research (and making the results available to all) in projects like this, that make Tardis Builders such a great forum!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

tony farrell

Quote from: Violet on Nov 01, 2019, 03:21 pm
Incredibly excited for this, my favorite iteration of the console unit.

I hope you won't be disappointed!

Curious on the interior portion of the dimensions,

Not quite sure what you mean on this point....

given that the Brachacki portions were documented years ago but may be outdated (some things have shifted size-wise in general like the telepathic circuits). Since these may be different than originally thought, will these be restated or redone?

As better information/better photos emerge, it's almost inevitable that some things will need to be corrected. I wrote http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0 over four years ago and since then Richard Bignell has sent me some thumpingly large HD photos of the Sharp Console which have revealed that I made three mistakes on the original Brachacki Console plans:
1. The square housings for the 'telepathic circuits/movement detectors' were fractionally bigger than I thought.
2. The 'secondary levers' were fractionally wider than I first thought.
3. The graphics for two of the main meters are slightly different to how they were originally drawn.

In addition, I now have access to a genuine Atom(ic) fruit basket - the dish-like array at the bottom of the Brachacki central column - and it turns out I was a eighth of an inch out on it's top rim diameter.

So, as far as I'm aware, these are the only things that need to be tweaked on the drawings for the original Brachacki Console which I will attend to as time permits.

Does that answer your point?

T

tony farrell

Quote from: karsthotep on Nov 01, 2019, 03:47 pm
Regardless its not long now and we don't want to spoil the ebook for you.   
Karst

The re-materialisation of the Sharp Tardis Console in all its glory is confirmed for 5.15 PM (UK time) this Saturday (02.11.2019)! 

Cue drum roll and dramatic music. :)

T

brennan

tony farrell

And a big white flash and booming sound?!  ;D

T

brennan

Yes!

An exciting release!

ionsith

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Nov 01, 2019, 11:12 pm
Quote from: karsthotep on Nov 01, 2019, 03:47 pm
Regardless its not long now and we don't want to spoil the ebook for you.   
Karst

The re-materialisation of the Sharp Tardis Console in all its glory is confirmed for 5.15 PM (UK time) this Saturday (02.11.2019)! 

Cue drum roll and dramatic music. :)

T

Just in time for me to print and cuddle when I get home from work!

kert gantry

This sounds terrific. Ready and waiting!  :)

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Nov 01, 2019, 11:52 pm
And a big white flash and booming sound?!  ;D

T

I don't want to set the woooorld on fiyah! :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

karsthotep

Just a few hours to go.  I have created a separate thread for it so it doesn't get lost over time.   

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"