SERIES 9: episode 12 HELL BENT 'Brachacki' TARDIS INTERIOR REFS

Started by markofrani, Dec 06, 2015, 08:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Nice grabs, David! Thanks for sharing. You can certainly see the inaccuracies in that console when compared to the original Brachacki. But since this is supposed to be a different TARDIS than the Doctor's - a later model by the looks of it - one can accept the inaccuracies as just that: a different model.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

mobius

[/quote]

We know the console was the An Adventure in Space and Time console, borrowed from The Doctor Who Experience and repainted. The rest of the retro set was original and didn't use any of the An Adventure in Space and Time assets.
[/quote]

now if they'd just borrow the chap who played Hartnell for a story with the first Doctor again... before he dies too! @_@ would be nice. but that's probably off-topic. fascinating thread, I was wondering if they reused that set, or console.
It's always a matter of time...

davidnagel

Just the console I think, mobius. The interior walls don't match the proportion or scale of the _An Adventure_ set. I still can't work out why they built a brand new set, unless it was not to break up the Experience set too much? And why its so much smaller!
Regards
David

darren79

Just watched Moffat's Fan Show interview and he's talking about the thrill of being on the Twice Upon a Time first Doctor TARDIS.

He mentions the Hell Bent set recreation and how it wasn't until Capaldi arrived on set that they realised they'd made a big blunder with the size of the roundels and that Peter was taller than the doors. Moffat says you will notice you never really see Peter go through the doors as he has to bend over but they were fine with Maisie Williams and Jenna Coleman as they're tiny.

https://youtu.be/bTRfKmVqdjo?t=19m27s

Peter Capaldi

It's a great interior, I like the design. I want to recreate it but I don't have plans for this interior. I don't think I am able to put the walls properly
Time is a structure relative to ourselves. Time is the space made by our lives, where we stand together forever. Time and relative dimension in space. It means life.

danielc

simon83

Spoiler
download.png
[close]

Not bad looking. Anyone know of any leaks or set pics?

whofan88

There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.

-The Doctor