Apr 18, 2024, 02:15 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

New Capaldi Sonic

Started by handofomega, Dec 01, 2015, 03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rustymetaldog

But er, at this point, I don't think we know if it is his new Sonic Screwdriver, right? Could just be a random prop from that special?

Just saying before everyone gets too excited, unless anyone knows 100%?
Build high for happiness :)

childofgallifrey

After the outcry about the sonic shades, it is an incredibly safe bet to say that a tube that the doctor is holding that lights up at one end is a sonic screwdriver!  ;)
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

superrichi1a

Yep it is indeedy the new sonic, all the liscense holders have been warned to get their merchandise machines rolling :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

rob49152

it could be a sonic lance.

childofgallifrey

Ha, funny guy! everyone know that the sonic isn't just for opening doors nowadays!  ;)
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

Oblivion

Dec 03, 2015, 07:49 pm #20 Last Edit: Dec 04, 2015, 05:44 pm by Oblivion
I have an amazing close up full length picture of it that I was kindly sent. It's a bizarre looking thing I have to say :o I'm sorry I can't share it but I gave my word. Its very different to any of the previous versions.
Hampshire UK

childofgallifrey

OOOOOOOOOOOOH you TEASE you!

Oblivion

No not at all, I gave my word and I have to keep to that, I just wanted to say that having seen it in detail it is quite unusual.
Hampshire UK

childofgallifrey

I think everybody here would totally respect that you gave your word, and you have to keep that. But having said that knowing there is a full picture of it out there drives me crazy with anticipation!

handofomega

Quote from: Oblivion on Dec 03, 2015, 07:49 pm
I have an amazing close up full length picture of it against a ruler that I was kindly sent. It's a bizarre looking thing I have to say :o I'm sorry I can't share it but I gave my word. Its very different to any of the previous versions.

Would there be a chance of posting said picture once the new Screwdriver has been seen in the series?

Oblivion

Yes of course I will but I'm sure it'll be out there by then anyway :)
Hampshire UK

childofgallifrey

So, Oblivion, you can't post pics, but tell me, did I get it right?

new sonic.png

rob49152

it looks like it has a few 'pinky lever's to control the sonic actions.

Oblivion

Excellent attempt, Some pieces are very close like the tip end, others like the lower half are well off  ;)
Hampshire UK

childofgallifrey

Hmmmm, interesting... it'll be fun to see the comparison when it shows up!