Feb 29, 2024, 05:31 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Anyone have pictures of Banna's EMP thing?

Started by dwc, Nov 19, 2015, 11:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dwc

Nov 19, 2015, 11:21 am Last Edit: Nov 17, 2016, 02:23 am by warmcanofcoke
I'm interested in making the prop, and it's mainly something noone focuses on. I really liked the episode, and I wanted to have it lying around, or as part of the Jacket Of Many Fandoms that I might eventually make...

elkad

dwc

I could only find one picture really in those screen caps i could find, it was a screen cap of Astrid about to use it.
d11-9r-c600.jpeg
Thanks for the help.

elkad

Their are other pictures I've seen their were the Doctor holds it. It resembles something close to a metal flashlight with an ON/OFF switch & blink button for Morse code.

galacticprobe

Nov 20, 2015, 06:55 am #4 Last Edit: Nov 20, 2015, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
Elkad, do you have a link to any of those other pics? I've been Googling for over an hour using all combinations of "Bannakaffalatta energy cell, ~power cell, ~power unit, ~EMP unit..." and have been coming up blank. I couldn't even find any pics of it using "concept art" in the mix.

(Does anyone have some screen grabs of it?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

elkad

The link your looking for is on my first coment on this post. :)

galacticprobe

Nov 21, 2015, 08:39 am #7 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2015, 08:52 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: elkad on Nov 21, 2015, 12:08 am
The link your looking for is on my first coment on this post. :)

DUH! (Face palm... heel of hand against forehead - repeatedly) How could I have missed that one?! :P (Thanks, elkad.)

And here's one more image of it:
ChargingEnd.jpg
A close-up of the "recharging" end of it (lightened a little to bring out more details). And just for giggles, when I lightened the image caleb posted, this end is just as wide, and has the same shape as the other. (They might even be identical.)

What it basically looks like, is a thin metal cylinder with dark lines - "seams" - to denote smaller segments of it (this is the center section where Astrid is holding it, but it's a guess as to how many segments are in it). Then there are the wider sections on the ends, with two "segments" in each end section denoted by one seam around each. Then there are the two tapered black ends, with some blue LEDs on their sides, and one on the "charging" end (which lights up that power port in the image above).

So it looks at first glance to be a simple prop to replicate; but as we all know, looks can be deceiving.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

dwc

I know this might be a squeeze, but could someone enlarge and enhance the one in the second one? It has some crucial detail.

elkad

Nov 21, 2015, 05:23 pm #9 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2015, 05:23 pm by elkad
Close up of the trigger.  ;D
d11-9r-c552.jpg

dwc

Thankyou! I have 11 words. Doesn't the trigger look like the one on the Master's laser screwdriver?

The14thDr

Feb 25, 2017, 01:45 pm #11 Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018, 10:46 pm by Scarfwearer
Reviving a dormant thread here, but there's a fantastic image of the EMP device in the Doctor Who: Visual Dictionary.
IMG_0400.JPG
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Davros Skaro

Caleb in answer to your question;
QuoteDoesn't the trigger look like the one on the Master's laser screwdriver?
Yes it does, it looks exactly like it. :-) probably a very easy switch for them to make, unless it's a bought one.

Chris.
Chris.