Jul 23, 2024, 05:25 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Primrodo's Capaldi/Smith 2013 Console Build

Started by ThisJustinOnline, Nov 11, 2015, 05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisJustinOnline

Quote from: BioDoctor900 on Feb 16, 2016, 05:45 pm
Looking good Justin, Looking forward to seeing more progress. Although it's making me want to get on with mine...I'm making baby steps with it lol. I'm guessing the Nonagon is for the placement of the vents on the floor ;)

BioDoctor900

There is actually a Nonagon on the actual set before the floors stretch out. Pretty crazy!

galacticprobe

Feb 23, 2016, 05:34 am #91 Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 05:38 am by galacticprobe
And yet another great video, Justin! I love the time-lapse; it shows just how much work goes on and at that speed, just how long it would take if you showed it at normal speed!

Here's an image that will help show off that nonagon you're referring to:
NonagonOutline.jpg
The yellow arrow is pointing at the actual nonagon deck piece, and the red arrows point out the seam that you can actually follow around the nonagon. It looks like a one-piece nonagon before the floor segments into the vented areas, just like you mentioned.

Two things I did notice while trying to find this to help you show just where that nonagon is: 1) it is also there in the Series 7b, pre-"Day of the Doctor" floor vents addition, but it's not as easy to see; 2) it seems to no longer be there after the Capaldi remodelling, with the seams of the vented floor segments going right up to the round base of the console. (I could post a real close-up of that if you want; it's really high-res, but there is no sign of the nonagon so they might have done away with that when they redid the floor for the new Capaldi vent light effects.)

Anyway, I hope this image helps highlight the nonagon for those that never noticed it before you mentioned it (like me!).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

ThisJustinOnline

Yep that is correct Dino!

They may have simply filled it in recently as the actually floor panels look seamless now.

davidnagel

Loving this now that the proper build videos have started. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

I don't suppose we can take a closer look at your illustrator draw controls could we? Unless they're adapted from Kingpin's on an old thread...
Regards
David

karsthotep

dude....seriously, what the hell, man that is looking awesome.

long time no see, whats new? 
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

ThisJustinOnline

Quote from: davidnagel on Feb 23, 2016, 07:51 pm
Loving this now that the proper build videos have started. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

I don't suppose we can take a closer look at your illustrator draw controls could we? Unless they're adapted from Kingpin's on an old thread...

No these are all based on my own findings :) Went in from scratch!

Quote from: karsthotep on Feb 23, 2016, 10:14 pm
dude....seriously, what the hell, man that is looking awesome.

long time no see, whats new?

Thanks Karsten! Lots and lots! Glad you found the thread!

davidnagel

Quote from: Primrodo on Feb 23, 2016, 11:16 pm

No these are all based on my own findings :) Went in from scratch!

Thought that might be the case! Hopefully we get the see the layouts a bit better when you come to cutting up the panels. Your build has given me an idea for another build.
Regards
David

karsthotep

Your plinth looks freaking amazing,  wow I still cant get over all the layers.  Is that just liquid nailed together or did you finish nail it too?
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

ThisJustinOnline

Glue and nailed together actually. Lots and lots of nails.

When I get the panels all made up David I will have a better sense of scale for sure!

karsthotep

well as they say in Vermont...Noyse!!!!  freekin Noyse!!!

ThisJustinOnline

Feb 29, 2016, 03:00 pm #100 Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016, 03:02 pm by Primrodo
Small update but a friend in the UK visited Bob's Bits for me!

IMG_9318.JPG

greggnowling

Lovely!   I wish I was there.  I'd love to just rummage.

davidnagel

Dang. I've tried getting in touch with Bob's Bits, but they seem to be ignoring me...
Regards
David

ThisJustinOnline

Ditto, so I had to actually send someone in!

I have to cast the one slow fader and find another dial but this puts ahead many hard to get parts!

ThisJustinOnline