May 29, 2024, 05:35 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Primrodo's Capaldi/Smith 2013 Console Build

Started by ThisJustinOnline, Nov 11, 2015, 05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisJustinOnline

greggnowling

Great video and I subscribed to your channel.

It's funny, I'm absolutely building my favorite console...and heck even my wife likes it, but I totally jealous of the work you are doing.  You're right...it's a shame we aren't closer and we could park our consoles next to one another along with my Tardis.

Gregg

ThisJustinOnline

Thanks Gregg!

And yeah would be awesome to show, but alas! Look forward to seeing yours done!

galacticprobe

Mar 09, 2016, 04:46 am #123 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2016, 04:51 am by galacticprobe
Ditto, Justin! Another great video and more great progress made. I imagine work like that can get a little tedious, but when you stand back once it's done you realize it's well worth it. Great job and I'm already looking forward to the next video installment. I'm really impressed with how well you've captured the look of the actual prop, and the torn-apart console from "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" really shows that! (If I've said all or part of this before and I'm repeating myself, then you'll have to please forgive me; first off, this is a magnificent build and deserves such repeated praise, and second... it's those pain meds mucking about with my short-term memory again! :P)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

ThisJustinOnline

Mar 14, 2016, 05:19 pm #124 Last Edit: Mar 14, 2016, 05:37 pm by Primrodo
My videos are delayed a day, BUT! I thought I would share what happened this weekend. Although I hope you will also watch the videos when they are up as well! One will be up in the AM.

We got much accomplished in the last two days, first up we started the bottom drawers. They are alright, possibly a part that needs a but of work the most of my build, mostly underestimating how they needed to go but, overall not bad at all.

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9448.JPG

IMG_9449.JPG

Sunday we then moved to the finishing touches. I have SO MUCH filling to do and sanding but in the end these will look amazing.

IMG_9450.JPG

We did do some tweaks to the actual console just for quick and easy construction for Jay. He was such a big help and met me half way on accuracy at times.

IMG_9451.JPG

We moved everything outside to get ready for the final test of our labours!

IMG_9452.JPG

IMG_9454.JPG

Did it work? Can it all fit together?

IMG_9456.JPG

IMG_9458.JPG

IMG_9468.JPG

IMG_9469.JPG

The FINAL test....How will it ft in my office?! This thing is MASSIVE!

IMG_9473.JPG

IMG_9474.JPG

IMG_9470.JPG

IMG_9471.JPG

And here...we....go!

galacticprobe

Mar 14, 2016, 06:06 pm #125 Last Edit: Mar 14, 2016, 06:07 pm by galacticprobe
I'm definitely looking forward to that next video. But until then, since I lack the words, let's settle for...

eyepopping.jpg

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

Regards
David

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

russellsuthern

That is fantastic!
Beautiful crisp, clean lines. I love it.
There are some wonderful consoles on this site, & this is looking like it's going to rank up there with the very best of them!
I sooooo wish I had room to build one of these!

Ps: Love the dog,too!!

Russell

greggnowling

It stinks I like this build better than mine.

So how long before you put color on it?

ThisJustinOnline

Thanks everyone!!

I will be doing paint etc after filling, sanding and cutting out all the panel parts likely. I want to make sure all is done the first time so I am revising my drawings and going from there!

ThisJustinOnline

ThisJustinOnline

Components!

Here are some of the things I have so far, adjusting my templates to match real sizes and cutting corners where I can. We shall see what I can do!

The smaller gauges are for my custom panel and you can see how well they match the galvanometer.

IMG_9480.JPGIMG_9482.JPGIMG_9483.JPGIMG_9484.JPGIMG_9485.JPGIMG_9486.JPGIMG_9487.JPGIMG_9488.JPGIMG_9489.JPG

13drwho

This is the most awesome console I've ever seen!!!! The work is so beautiful. I'll be watching this build closely. This is my favorite new series console, and you've done a brilliant job so far.

galacticprobe

Mar 16, 2016, 05:54 am #134 Last Edit: Mar 16, 2016, 05:54 am by galacticprobe
Another great video, Justin! And I have to agree with The Jason on (almost) everything he said. (It's the part about this being the favorite console where we differ; The Jason loves it, but I'm not all that crazy about it.) However everything else he said I wholeheartedly agree with. You're doing this console great justice with the precision you're taking to it.

It's also nice to see that your stock of controls has come in - or at least some of it has. (And to think that I used to have a galvanometer; only mine was square, and years ago I donated it to an electronics school in the area. I donated a lot of the bits I'd collected throughout my military career to electronics schools, and friends that worked in electronics. I wasn't using them since I retired, and I had no idea what was to come in the future in ways of TARDIS consoles. Now I don't think I'll ever get rid of anything again. One day they'll probably find me dead and buried under all of what I'll have re-collected! ;D)

Keep up the great work, and I'm already looking forward to the next video.

Dino.